1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little introduction :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Patient4479, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Patient4479

Hello fellow people!

(I'm just going to apologize in advance for any crucial grammer mistakes or typos as my native language is german, so please don't be harsh!)

And now to the inportant stuff: Hi, my name is Caroline, I'm 14 years old, live in the capital of Austria and I'm 90% sure I'm bisexual. It's only 90% beacuse there are times, I feel like it is basically the easiest thing to say to myself: "Look girl, you're obvioulsy bisexual! It's simple and logical so just get over it!" And the other 10% of the time I sit in front of my Computer, reading some blogs and there is an article from a bisexual/about being bisexual and I feel like "Wait... That isn't 100% how I feel! Oh my good?! Am I lesbian?! Am I straight?! What's going on?!" So yeah, that happens a lot...

But I've been thinking about the subject since about January 2013 and in early April (2013), I came out to my closest group of friends. They were absoloutly loving and supporting and at this time I just told them: "I like boys and girls." in lack of knowing the term bisxual. Since then I've done some research and I feel comfortable telling new people and old friends :slight_smile:

The only important people in my live I haven't come out to yet, are my family! I might need to explain the term family in that case: My mom, dad and older brother (18) are my close family, who live in the same city as my grandfather does. The rest of my family (grandmother, grandfather, aunt, uncle, two little cousins (5 and 8), great-aunt, great-uncle and so on...) lives in a small village about an 1 1/4 hours car ride away. Since I guess it's a bit complicated to explain my whole family situation, I'm just going to say: If I'd tell my parnets, they wouldn't kick me out or whatever, but they just wouldn't take me serious!

Now while this is an issue, to be discussed on it's own, I'm going to end this little introduction with some of my hobbies of mine:

-TV-Shows (Doctor Who, Breaking Bad, Hannibal, Modern Family, South Park, Glee, Star Treck, Arrow, The Vampire Diaries, The Flash, The Originals and much, much more...)
    -Movies (Way to many to count but I just enjoy a good SciFi movie, something that leaves me with philosophical questions, or maybe just a silly comedy.)
    -Comics (Marvel as well as DC...)
    -Friends (I guess this explains itself)
    -Dancing (I do Jazz-Dance and are planning to go to a Classical-Dance-Class next year.)

So I'm looking forward to nice converstions, good tips and a great comunity!
    Sorry again for the bad englisch,
    Caroline

2. Rainbows~Exist

Welcome to EC Caroline!

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello and welcome :slight_smile:

Take part... ask questions... people like to help

(&&&)

Your english is indeed really good :slight_smile:

(*hug*)

4. Patient4479

Thank you both for the lovely welcome! :slight_smile:
    It makes you feel accepted imediatley! (*hug*)

5. davidguitar20

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    being bi is cool...but the question is are you more attracted to guys or girls? Im more attracted to guys so thats why im gay

6. Patient4479

David,

I'm sorry, I can't quite follow. If I'm more atrackted to guys or girls (which changes a lot), than I'm still bisexual, aren't I? And if you're gay, doesn't that mean, that you're only attraced to guys? Because if you'de be attracted to guys and girls, that'd make you bi, right? Than you just have a prefernce, right?

Oh and I'm sorry if I just made untrue judegements about you, but your post was kind of confusing to me...

-Caroline

7. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    There is something called the Kinsey scale. It goes from 0 to 6, 0 being straight, 6 being gay. 5 would mean not completely gay but predominantly gay. 3 would be in the middle, equally bisexual.
    Some people would say 5 is gay, some would say 5 is bisexual with a preference for the same sex.

But never mind.
    I'd say take the time you need to figure yourself out.
    :kiss:

8. Candace

Hello from the States and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

9. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  10. Patient4479

Dear Jay777,

Thanks a lot! I googled the Kinsey scale and it's a really fastinating subject! Thank you for the great explanation :eusa_clap and have a nice day :slight_smile: (*hug*)

11. treatmeright

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello Carolline, welcome to EC.
    It's nice that you figured out that you like both genders and you are ok with it. I think it's the most important thing. Coming out to others and label yourself will come in the way, you still young and life is open to you to explore so don't put yourself in the box of labels yet.

12. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian