1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Country girl

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by sweetfemme90, Jan 29, 2015.

1. sweetfemme90

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi everyone!

I am new to EC and lately I have been having some difficulties. For financial reasons I moved back in with my parents while going to school. My parents have known for years I am gay but when I came out I was months away from moving out for the first time. Since I moved out for the first time I met lots of friends and gained pride and confidence in who I am.

Moving back in was difficult because now that I am full of pride and confidence, my father in particular does not support it. He believes we ought to keep our private lives to ourselves and it doesn't matter if you are gay or straight. While I can agree our private lives should be kept private, I don't see the harm in having groups or a celebration of love we call Pride. I also enjoy being an activist and helping other people who are marginalized.

Growing up in the 90s, being gay was considered something dirty and was always a topic censored around children. I like being out, I like having a diverse group of friends, having fun, learning new things and being home constricts me to the expectations of my parents. It silences me and it all begins to feel like a dirty little secret again.

Around me there are no groups so I have to turn to the online world. I am planning to attend university in the fall (or at least I hope) and the universities I looked at all have groups. So this is just a matter of getting through these couples of months while maintaining some positivism.

If anyone would like to chat, whether it be about this sort of thing I mentioned above, or just talk about our days/interests/etc send me a message, I would love to get to know yas better!

2. davidguitar20

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    welcome to the forum. I understand what you are going through. Im too scared to come out to almost anybody. Just know that you will be truly accepted here

3. lovely lesbian

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. sweetfemme90

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank-you! I really appreciate that. I understand the feeling of fear, I have been there plenty of times myself.

6. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello and welcome :slight_smile:

Take part... ask questions... people like to help

(&&&)

7. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status: