1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ahhh...Not Sure! :(

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by SadConfusedBandGeek, May 19, 2007.

1. SadConfusedBandGeek

Hi, U can call me Band Geek:wink: ya soo cool aint it? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I'm new here and i kinda just wanted some advice or support...
    I'm not sure if i am gay, i did think i was gay but now i'm not sure. I am just so confused. I am planning on "Coming out" Kinda to my X-girlfriend. Weird eh? But i am positive i can trust her.

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on this. I would much rather just Know if i was gay or straight, like if someone could just tell me, it would be so much easier:frowning2:

So confused:icon_cry:

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Hi Band Geek - welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

There are plenty of people here in a similar situation to you and I'm sure you'll get plenty of good advice. :thumbsup:

3. Steam Giant

Hello Band Geek! Welcome to EC! Sexuality is a really confusing thing. Just when you think you have it figured out, something happens that causes you to question everything. I really wish I could point you to some online quiz or self-test that you can buy in a drug store, but the truth of the matter is, there's only one person who can tell you you're gay ^^ and you're looking right at him! (you may have to turn off your monitor to see ^^)

Of course, that's not saying that we can't help you to figure things out ^^ EC has been a really great place for me to do the same! Everyone here is very kind and supportive, I'm sure that you'll find plenty of people here willing to lend a hand!

4. SpikySpice

Steam is right. It's only you who can figure out who you really are. You are your bested friend.

So how old are you? Because if you are a teenager, you dont have to worry about your sexuality much, because you are in a changing age or a "changing mode"

You need time to figure out who you actually are, plus your enviroment. But don't be stressed out, because then you will be stabbed in the dark.

5. Sam

Sam

welcome to EC! I'd like to help you but only you can figure out who you like I know its frustrating but you'll figure it out. maybe looking at some other posts will help.

Sam

6. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    Hi there and welcome to EC. Damn right that figuring out your sexuality is one of the hardest things you'll have to do in your life. Unfortunately it's is very much luck of the drawer and whilst some people never have to think about it long and hard others will have to ponder for ages trying to discover their true identity.

Basically... there's little if nothing that others can do to help you figure this out, other than to make you horny that is. But something I would warn against is coming out to anybody until you're 90% sure atleast. Since it's hard to come out of the closet... but it's even harder to try and jump back in if you realise that you have made a mistake and that you're not quite as gay as you once thought. Just think about it... try to work out what sex makes you sexually happy, what sex doesn't... if both are on a par or you're sexually attracted to both but to different intensities then the likely hood is that you're bi.

I found that coming out as bi for some people works as a way to ease themselves into the coming out process whilst still making sure 100% whether they're gay or not. Either way if we can help in any way... or if you need any support we're all here!!!

7. Grof142007

:smilewave Band Geek 4 lyfe(!) Well You Will Know for sure one day(*hug*)

8. SadConfusedBandGeek

Hehehehe power to band geeks:wink:

Well i kinda wanna just say i'm gay because i am 90% sure...and i started puberty when i was like 9 (LOL) and i am 14 now and i guess OMG WOW its been 5 years thats a long time lol and i am pretty sure i am gay, but i came out to me exgirlfriend and my other friend (both girls) Today, they were so cool about it. I felt so proud :slight_smile::slight_smile:

Thanx for the support u guys, it helps to know people care

9. Grof142007

Yay Im SO Happy 4 You

on a Side Note I think me u N anyother other Band Geeks Should Rule This sIte MUHAHAHA:icon_bigg :eusa_doh: Did i say that? hehe j/K

10. TeeBe

Hiya! Wecome and congrats! Hey, can I join the band geek power?? What do you all play?

11. SadConfusedBandGeek

Haha! Sweet course ya can!!!

I play like everything lol but mainly the sax
    And i am in love with the flute as of a few weeks ago:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Kimi

Saxophone!!!! That's super hot:love: I love people who can play musical instruments!! They are so cool:grin:

Anyways, Hi and Welcome to EC(&&&)

I'm pretty sure you'll get many great advices you needed at here. It's so cool that your ex and other friends are cool about it. I'm so happy for you(*hug*) Maybe you can help who is going through the process of coming out:thumbsup:

Hope to see you around:smilewave

13. TeeBe

Sax! Yeehaw! Alto, tenor...etc? What is your fav?

(PS...AND the flute... ROCK ON! DO you prefer open holed or no? And....please, PLEASE tell me that you don't play the piccolo. Because I might cry -not meaning to offend anyone of course!)

14. Jim1454

Welcome to EC! This certainly is a difficult thing to figure out.

Not only do I wish there was a quiz you could take, I wish there had been a check list of orientations to just CONSIDER while I was growing up! It never occurred to me that I might be gay until I was MUCH older than you are! So congrats for figuring this out! At 14, you've got lots of time to define who you are and how you're going to live your life...

15. Grof142007

Trombone Player Here Go LowBrass

16. SadConfusedBandGeek

HAHAHA Sweet:slight_smile: Sax is super hot :grin: I feeel special, Tenor btw alto is to...i dunno Honky hahaha
    As for flute i would die if it was open holed, i'd drop it...again:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    And no piccolo to girly..even for me:wink:

Ya i think its pretty cool that i get some time to decide what i want to do wth my life:slight_smile:

17. blake21

hi and welcome

18. TeeBe

Haha, alto is my fav to play. And the piccolo isn't too girly...it's just plain evil. And annoying.

Grof142007, I bought a trombone (buying and learning instruments is a passtime for me :grin:) and haven't figured out how to play it yet. Mind you, it needs alot of work before I can play it...heh.