1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for some help in understanding

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Orbalisk, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Orbalisk

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hi all,

I hope I'm not coming at this from the wrong direction, but I'd like to find out a bit more about the feelings around being bi, and how people like to be treated.

I've always been interested in sexuality; mostly around how it works, thought processes, conflicts, funny situations arising from sexuality. I've been seeing a bi girl for a few weeks now, and wanted to know about how bi people in general approach discussing their sexuality with non-bi people. I understand that it will differ a lot from person to person, but just wanted some perspectives.

I've seen all the horror stories of the way some people act with bi people: "you're just greedy, lol!", "so I guess you can just pick and choose, lol" etc. and whilst I would never even think, let alone say those things, they make me feel wary or careful about how to approach and discuss sexuality.

So what I'm after really, is some help in understanding how it feels, and suggestions of how to broach the subject without coming across like a total dick.

Thanks in advance everyone.

2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  3. Pine

Pine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You'll find tons of info here. welcome!

4. jami13llp1993

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    For me it's like you can feel strongly for someone weather man or female you don't think about it it's just there like if you get a crush but it could be for either gender it's the same feeling I know it's not really a great explanation but I hope it helped alittle :slight_smile: