1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm feeling confused.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by FifthElement, Jan 31, 2015.

1. FifthElement

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So this is my first time on empty closets, I kind of need some advice. Well I'm feeling confused about myself - I don't know if I gay or bi but I'm sure I know I am nowhere near straight. I still like girls though but most of the time I would catch myself looking more at guys. I even had a crush on one, once. It's really frustrating. I wish my brain would just make up its mind.

Back then, I don't really feel confused. Maybe I just didn't know it yet. Sometimes I would think that the feeling I'm going through right now was because of the kiss I got from a boy when I was 13, I think. But then again It couldn't be because I didn't even feel any emotions towards that kiss back then. Or did I?

In High school, I was always tease at school about the way I act, move or even the way I write my notes(probably because my notes where neat). I remember designing gowns for the girls before prom. It was fun because they would compliment me as a good artist but after that most of the guys would make jokes about me.

After high school, I tried to change myself but it did not even help.. It just made me look like a fool. I don't even know what to do anymore. I've done my research and most of them said this is just a phase. But what if it's not. Maybe If I embrace this feeling everything would be ok.. But what if it did not turn out ok. Most of my friends would even asked me to just admit what I am because they would still accept me. I don't even know what I am - I know it would be easy to tell I'm gay but what if I'm not.

#1 FifthElement, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  2. Pine

Pine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome fifthelement! I can't answer it for you, but this is a great site to find answers and support. Please try posting in the forums. HUGS

3. FifthElement

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm sorry, I guess I must have been carried away while writing that I forgot that I was typing in the Welcome Lounge...

4. Pine

Pine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's ok, it's no problem at all

5. Robbie

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:
    I don't think you have to change yourself, just to satisfy others. I would advice you, to be who you really wanna be. As time goes by, it will come clear what are your feelings. You don't have to say that you're gay or bi. If you feel something towards both girls and guys it's ok. And this feeling don't have to be 50-50% for both gender....
    I hope it was clear... I hope you will find your answer in this forum.

6. FifthElement

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks Robbie9302. I sure I would find the answers here. :slight_smile:

7. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    FifthElement.....Welcome to EC! I agree with Robbie9302 that time is the answer. At some point in your life, probably not too far off, you will come to realize how you really feel, what your preferences actually are. Who you are actually attracted to and who else can just be very good friends. Don't rush it, it will happen on it own. Again, Welcome to EC.....David

8. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome! I can imagine being in the Philippines is tough with the conservative culture and Catholic church teachings. But, keep your head high! Once you're independent, you will find a lot of freedom in love and life.

9. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people