1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi Guys!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Folieadeux, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Folieadeux

Hello, my name is Rachel and I am female at birth, and previously identified at straight and cisgender. I have been finding myself, and I haven't been comfortable calling myself a girl anymore, but I don't necessarily feel comfortable calling myself a guy. I feel like I'm neither, but both at the same time, and I am very confident in calling myself non-binary! I haven't come out to anyone (at all), as I am waiting until I am comfortable enough to come out to my family and close friends.

Before I found my gender identity, I realized that I'm bisexual. I told one of my friends and that is it so far, but she was great and helpful. This was so much easier to accept than me being non-binary, because I felt like I was wrong and didn't really know who I was, and 'you're a girl, why would you think otherwise?' kind of thoughts, and I just didn't feel valid. After I pushed through these poison thoughts I realized that that wasn't me talking, it was just my fear of how other people would take it, and my exaggerations of what I expected people to react like. I want to give myself me time and reflection until I come out, but I'm so happy that I don't feel like I have to prove anything to myself, and I am who I am. :slight_smile:

Here is a veerrryyy brief explanation of who I am, and my pronouns are they/them, or she/her.
    I'm glad to be on here and to meet all of you lovelies!

(!)

2. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi Rachel, welcome to EC.

You don't have to prove anything. There is no obligations, you are right. Feel free to ask questions, chat, rant... Folks are open and friendly here, also give very good advice.

Enjoy.

3. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people