1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, world.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by lyf, Feb 7, 2015.

1. lyf

lyf

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Let's get one thing, straight... I'm not! (Okay, done with the cheesiness.)

Pretty much the only thing I know about my life at this point is that I'm no heterosexual. I'm still trying to discover who I am as a person in sexual orientation and in what I want to do in college and beyond. I'm glad to be alive in a time when people like me are free to express ourselves, yet still be accepted by a small (but growing) portion of the population. Staying quiet these past years has deteriorated my self-esteem quite a bit.

I still consider myself in the closet. The only person I've told so far is my best friend. My family inhibiting me from dating has ironically worked in my favour, since I have a reason besides the closet for not being in any relationship (hetero or otherwise) when people ask. At the moment I try to convince myself I will never meet anyone worth coming out of the closet for. It's probably because of my inability to live a "normal" life my parents and relatives expect of me if I do come out. A small part of me is still hoping to wake up straight one day, as laughably ridiculous as this sounds. I just don't know anymore...

I guess the reason why I stumbled across this website and made an account in the first place is because I'm tired of censoring myself and not having anyone to speak to about this intimately personal issue. Hopefully opening up will make me hate myself less.

2. lily42

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    welcome to ec <3

3. Vampire

Hello and welcome, Lyf! I am sorry to hear that you have been suppressed dating-wise by your parents as it is not something they should do, not to this extent. I hope you'll find the answers and support you're looking for. If you need someone to talk to, don't hesitate contacting me!

Enjoy your time on here. :slight_smile:

4. Run91

welcome :slight_smile:

5. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    welcome dude

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual