1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*Sigh* OK... Here it goes.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by KittyKatAsh, Feb 7, 2015.

1. KittyKatAsh

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi, I'm Ash. I'm just going to quit the jibber jabber and get right down to it. I'm 57% sure I like girls way more than I like boys... :eusa_doh: Well that sounded stupid. Ok, so..... Basically since around 13-14 I started to have contradicting thoughts to everything I was taught. I was sent to Catholic school and taken to church all my life so of course I was told that homosexuality was an abomination. When boys asked me out I said sure and went along with it but I never really had any interest in them. Around my third boyfriend, a nice Scottish boy who was a devout Christain, I started to realize that I just didn't feel any spark when we kissed. In fact I was grossed out a few times and didn't understand why. Then something happened around 11th grade. I met a girl, and she became one of my best friends. I looked forward to seeing her every day and even got butterflies in my stomach talking to her. Once I even had a dream about kissing her.... I felt like I was wrong for this. Everything I learned everything I was taught, it's like I just threw all my morals out the window... Well recently there was one boy I thought I really liked, so much so that I made the first move and asked him out. We dated for a few months, but even though we hugged and kissed and such, after a while I just... Let him go... And now here I am. I have conflicting feelings about everything. Sometimes I still feel like I may like guys... But I feel a stronger connection with females. I came out to my Grandparents a few hours ago that I may be Bi but am still trying to figure out who I am. A few of my friends are fully aware of my sexuality confusion and most are supportive. I haven't told anyone else. Most of my family is homophobic. So yea.... I guess you could say I'm unsure of myself..

2. lyf

lyf

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I come from a socially conservative family; I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm not sure whether my parents will be fully supportive, tacitly accepting, or outright rejecting of me if I come out. Hopefully we can get through this...

3. KittyKatAsh

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Anything can be overcome when people join forces.... :slight_smile:

4. HelloSweetie

Heya, :smilewave I hope you find what you're looking for here.

:welcome:

5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  6. Run91

welcome!

7. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

8. RainbowAlpaca

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I'd like to welcome you to the site with gratitude. Might seem a bit scaory at first, but It's a nice place once you get to know people. (*hug*)

9. wolfhazel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Welcome :slight_smile: I was brought up in quite a liberal and atheist family and my initial attempt to come out to my folks did not go down well... Actually it was less of me coming out and more of an intervention thinking about it now. Freaked me out so much I went back in the closet and tried to be straight for 10 years lol.

I'd focus less on the coming out and more on just trying to understand and accept yourself. Coming out can come after all that, you'll know when you are ready :slight_smile:

Hope your ok and if you ever need a chat feel free to message me.

10. lovely lesbian