1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College student finally feels free

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by babyber, Feb 17, 2015.

1. babyber

:smilewave

I had the misfortune of coming from a small town in the Midwest. I knew I would never be safe there. I learned in middle school when I asked an older friend to explain to me what "sexy" and "hot" meant, and she just stared at me like I must be kidding. Everyone thought it was funny for a few days that I was so developmentally behind that I did not experience sexual attraction, but gave it up before long "because it wasn't like I was gay" ...
    This really hurt me because sometimes I felt like I cared about my best friend more than I should have. Sleeping in the same queen sized bed with her at sleep-overs scared me, I had to resist the urge to ask if she liked to cuddle. Now, looking back, I do not think she would have thought anything of it if I had asked, we were really close, and it is more acceptable for girls to do that than guys...
    At this same time I was being verbally abused in my home, and not because of my orientation (because I wasn't sure what I was back then, and really didn't think about it). I made it through the suicide and depression that came with that, and it saved me from the depression of coming to terms with myself...
    I made it through high school and got out of that town, headed for a college more than 5 hours away, with every intention of being fully myself from the beginning. Here I have been able to build new relationships on being me, and not being ashamed. Although not a single person back home knows, I have not reached the point in my life where I feel that I owe them anything - even the truth.
    :eusa_clap

2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  3. randomly me

randomly me Guest

:welcome: I'm really sorry for what you had to go through and i really hope you're better now.anyway have fun here (the website really rocks and everyone is simply awesome)
    Also i won't enslave you when i get world domination ^^ if you want any specific part of the world you can have it:icon_wink

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello and welcome :slight_smile:

Take part... ask questions... people like to help

(&&&)

People here are accepting... I'd say just take part and speak your mind :slight_smile:

5. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi
    Everybody here is very accepting and helpful!
    Feel free to ask and answer any question.
    I think we all found being true to ourselves a liberating experience!
    As regards the people back home you are the one that decides what, when, how and if you tell them.
    (&&&)

6. DarkestDream

Hello, and welcome to EC! Thank you for sharing your story with us, and I know many can relate and you'll get some terrific and helpful feedback. So nice to meet you! :slight_smile:

7. raiden04

raiden04 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Welcome to EC! I'm glad you're in a better environment now :slight_smile:

8. lucky516

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello! welcome to the community. I hope you find your self very welcomed here!