1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sometimes you just need a friend

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Kate84, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Kate84

I have been having dreams about and feelings for girls for a long time. I admit this now as if it's a natural fact of my life, but for a long time I pretended like my brain was just making mistakes. I have always been a huge ally in the LGBT community and my best friend is an out and proud gay man (who obviously doesn't relate to my interest in women and is also very sure of himself and confident in who he is), but I never thought about myself that way. In recent weeks I have been contemplating and focusing on myself more and more. The other night I woke up from a dream and came out to myself. I sat up in bed and was just like you are so gay. It scared me to no end and I hated that I've been pushing it away for so long. I am pretty certain that I am exclusively into girls, however I have a fear of labeling myself to severely because I don't know that I won't one day fall for a guy. I have come out to three of my extremely close and accepting friends and it had gone really well, but I know from here on out the rest of the people in my life will not take it as well as they did. I am experiencing a lot of anxiety and fear and I'm having trouble finding someone who I can talk to who will understand what in going through so I've come here. Sometimes you just need a friend who can understand. :slight_smile:

2. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey there welcome :slight_smile:
    You are an excellent writer and seem to be very good at expressing your feelings. It's great to have you here!

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello and welcome :slight_smile:

Take part... ask questions... people like to help

(&&&)

Congratulations on coming out to your friends :slight_smile:.

Here are a few thoughts that have helped a lot of other people accept themselves:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/chit-...fo-you-got-ec-helped-you-accept-yourself.html

You could have a look at the next lgbt center near you... there should be courses and activities there, and maybe even support groups...

This could help you in coming out to other friends:
    Come out

I'd say take part... speak your mind... chat with others via wall messages...
    you will find a lot of like minded people here.

Welcome again.

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. Run91

welcome

6. NYCMascMan

NYCMascMan Guest

when you say you're pretty certain you are into girls exclusively, what does that mean exactly? If you don't find men attractive you could be gay..and if only some men..you could be bi or possibly pansexual...either way I wish you luck in coming to terms with it and try to relax...meditation and journaling and good music are all great.