1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, just another guy with orientation Issues.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Al92, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Al92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I finally decided to register, because I have come to a point where I think some advice, comment, or opinion would be helpful for me.

I'm a boy from Venezuela, currently studying Electrical Engineering. And feeling attraction to other boys.
    Not only my problem is that I seem to be confused about my sexual orientation, but I have also been caught in a turmoil of thoughts and issues involving depression, anger, low self-esteem, anxiety, etc.

Looks like I am in a position where I don't know what to do, even what to think. I sometimes feel empty, and think life's got no sense at all. Mom (the one I live with) is christian (because of me) and absolutely against anything gay.

I've been talking to a doctor and I'm considering to come out to some people.

So here I am, on this site, hoping to find some advice or something helpful, maybe someone has been through similar things. I also would like to help others, if I can.

I had written a lot more, telling a bit of my story, but maybe this is not the right place. I also didn't want to make it that long.

Thanks for reading.

2. CrazyAwkward

Hello :smilewave Welcome to EC. I hope you're able to find the help you need here.

3. Vampire

Hello and welcome to Empty Closets, Al!

First and foremost, you're one of my favourite EC members now. I am in love with Electrical Engineering! Ever heard of "That crazy Aussie bloke" AKA Dave from EEVblog?

Now onto the serious stuff. I, myself, am battling depression, anxiety, anger, all because of stress. Even though my stress is not a result of confusion, I can tell you that taking Magnesium pills (yes, as plain and boring as that) helped me tremendously. I am currently on meds, but that's a different story. Contact your GP and ask for that Magnesium, it might help.

Having said that, I wish you an amazing stay on here and I hope you'll find peace with your inner self sooner rather than later. :slight_smile:

If you shall ever need someone to talk to, I'm but a message away.

4. Robbie

Welcome to EC :slight_smile:

You are not the only one with these feelings. I have a low self-esteem as well, and I'm so stressed that it effects my health lately.

Magnesium is useful against stress indeed. Personally I think, that different relaxing techniques, such as breathing techniques and yoga can be very effective, too.

There are plenty of useful threads, and friendly people, so just ask anytime. I hope you find your answers here. :slight_smile:

5. Al92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Crazyawkward
    Thanks for your welcome.

Andrei and Robbie
    I didn't know magnesium could help you with depression or Stress. Sometimes I have serious problems controlling my anger. I'm working on it. Going to a Doctor who practices Chinese Medicine and acupuncture has helped my a lot. Mostly because of his advice and because is someone I can talk to. He is the one that told me I have to accept myself as I am. He came out to me and told me his story, even before I said anything, knowing I was going through something related.
    I hope you too can soon have some peace of mind, and feel comfortable with who you are, maybe is what we all are looking for.

Thanks for your welcome, and Andrei, I'm going to check the EEVBlog.

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people