1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, I'm Gay

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Coffee Guy, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Coffee Guy

Coffee Guy Guest

Hi, I am an older gay male who has been in the closet forever. The only people who know I'm gay are the men I've slept with and the gay bath house I've been to a few times. I think some people who are close to me suspect that I am gay, but are uncomfortable with asking me. It would be a relief to tell someone outside of the few gays I have known, and I greatly envy those of you who have come out and are comfortable with your sexual orientation and who you are. Because of my upbringing, I am very ashamed of being gay and uncomfortable with anyone knowing about it.

I come here with the hope of being and feeling safe. This is my way of coming out, and I would just like to talk about being gay.

I chose the name Coffee Guy because I like hanging out at coffee shops, and was drinking a cup of coffee while signing up for Empty Closets.

I am a Veteran.

2. Pie

Pie Guest

Hi Coffee Guy, and welcome to EC!

3. DoubleSoul

DoubleSoul Guest

4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Coffee Guy....Welcome to EC! If you're looking for a place to talk...you have found it. There are thousands of members who will be willing to help any way they can. There are so many of us here that there is always someone who has gone through things similar to your experiences and they will be willing to talk to you. When I joined I was so desperate to talk to someone, even over the internet that I was truly desperate. For me it's now been just over a month since I joined and I am doing so much better now than before. Just putting my story out there and getting such warm caring responses was a real help and I know it will be for you too. So, ask questions, tell us more if you just need to tell someone the things that have happened in your life....just let fly white whatever...this is EC.....David

5. Coffee Guy

Coffee Guy Guest

Thank you, David.

6. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC Coffee Guy. Congratulations.. you have just come out to a community with thousands of members. :slight_smile:

It's good to have you on board and I hope you will visit regularly to talk to like minded people. Your story is far from unique, even though your feelings about everything are. This is a good place to share those feelings without any pressure, and maybe, just maybe it will help you to see a way forward.

7. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  8. Feline

Feline Guest

Hello and welcome, Coffee Guy.

Indeed, one's sexuality can be a heavy load depending on how and where our lives develop. We're the product of our own time and space, but we also have the agency to change that. It is never too late to be yourself and to be happy and proud about it, to be at peace and at ease, even if only in a virtual world/community. Thank you for having the courage to come here and be yourself in this space.

I wish you the best.