1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pretty terrified!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by sighnomore, Mar 18, 2015.

1. sighnomore

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi there, I'm a 33 year old woman who has been bisexual all my life (I had crushes on girls in my class going back to age 5 in kindergarten). I grew up in a very oppressive religious environment and even once I got out of it, I continued the patterns of what I was 'supposed' to do (dating only men). I tried to come out and went on a few dates with women about 8 years ago, but I was pretty fiercely criticized by the lesbian community that my friends were a part of. I had a lot of nasty things said to me about bisexuals and it cowed me to the point that I went back in the closet totally. Now after realizing I am still very unhappy at age 33, and seeing how society has become so much more open just in the last few years, I am encouraged to try again. Unfortunately I live in a conservative Texas town and it seems like the gay scene revolves mostly around bars. I am a non drinker and a geeky introvert type so this is really hard for me!! I feel like I need to talk to others about what I am going through and maybe get some dating advice since it seems like every woman i am interested in turns out to be straight (I have heard this is a common problem). Anyway I am so relieved to have found this forum and i will be really interested to get to know you all.

2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  3. copernicus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I always thought certain men were attractive. I finally acted on it. It felt so natural I am not uncomfortable of the idea of being with a man. I'm gonna wait till I'm in a serious relationship. But you get older and you know who you are. More power to you girl.

---------- Post added 18th Mar 2015 at 10:28 PM ----------

I'm 30 BTW. Just got on site. Awesome right.

4. CrazyAwkward

Hello and welcome :smilewave

5. copernicus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    How do we get this chocolate...lol.

6. Happenstance

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi!
    I also grew up in a very strict conservative religious environment and I'm also geeky/nerdy and extremely introverted. I don't have any dating advice since I'm married, with kids - didn't discover myself until I was 27, unfortunately. But I hope you figure it out!
    I only just started coming out to some of my friends this last Summer. Almost everyone has been very accepting, but whereas I'm becoming much more comfortable, I still feel quite unsure of myself.
    Really glad to find this website!

7. Eilin

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Welcome! You're definitely not alone in this situation. Luckily things aren't as conservative here, but as a fellow geeky introvert I understand your worries about dating.
    Luckily there are places like this forum :slight_smile: