1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by TrueNorth, Mar 22, 2015.

1. TrueNorth

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi all, I'm obviously new here! I'm 38, and bisexual. I am a single mom of 2 boys who are 11 and 14. I was married to a man for 10 years and recently ended a 5 year relationship with a man. I have been in a few "secret" relationships with women in the past. Very recently I met a woman whom I am absolutely crazy about. I see the potential for things to become serious with her and will eventually have to come out to my parents and children. My parents know I went out with a girl in high school, but I believe they think it was a phase since I have never been open since. They are fairly traditional and conservative. My children are old enough that they are very knowledgeable about homosexuality, although I do not know their true feelings on the subject if it were to be their reality. I am so nervous about the coming out process. I have told a few of my friends and, for the most part, they are supportive. I just don't know how my parents and children will feel, how to approach it, and what to expect. I don't want my kids to experience any negativity from this either. One of my friends started spouting bible verses at me when I came out to her and she told me my kids already have a mark against them because they're being raised by a single mom, and that having a lesbian single mom was just not fair to them. I'm so frustrated. I want to be happy, but I want my children to be happy too. I am not planning to come out in the very very near future but I would like to within a year if that is a reasonable amount of time. I really need some support and advice! I look forward to getting to know you guys! Thanks for the time!

2. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

3. TrueNorth

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
  4. Noodle72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:
    I'm sure you'll find some help here! A good place for coming out advice is in the coming out section of this forum! Good luck! :slight_smile:

5. Hello! Welcome to EC! It's great to meet you! I hope you like it here! :slight_smile:

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people