1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Everyone :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Umbyr, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Umbyr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So, I've already posted once or twice, but would like to give a somewhat belated introduction. I'm a sixteen year old gay male who is out to absolutely no one but myself. I basically have known that I've been different since sixth grade, but only came out to myself about a year ago at this time. It was a really tough time for me but I managed to make it through, and now have some hope for the future.

Luckily, I have friends who are for the most part very accepting of gay people, and a school that has an environment almost totally accepting. However, coming out isn't really an option for me at the moment for fear that it would get back to my parents. My father probably wouldn't be too phased by it, but my mother is a different story; she's the type that took religion and distilled it, keeping the intolerance and throwing the good bits out. She talks constantly about how she hates how society is becoming so accepting of gay and transgender people, and that it's "currently some cultural fad and in ten years many fewer people will be gay, just you wait and see." I have plenty of other family problems and can't risk adding another dangerous element to the mix.

Anyway, that's me! Hello everyone :slight_smile:

http://i.imgur.com/1VDPXJD.png

2. Hela

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello, and nice to meet you! (Finally someone from the VA area) I hope your home life improves for you, and your mother becomes more tolerant and accepting. It's always hard to be around people you've known for so long and are against who you are. Anyway, here's a belated welcome to the site!

3. Hello! Welcome to EC! It's great to meet you! I hope you like it here! :slight_smile:

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. lovely lesbian