1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heya

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by LesbianThrasher, Mar 26, 2015.

1. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm having trouble coming out to my parents and I don't know if I have the courage to tell them even though I know they'll still love and support me. I was so close to telling my mom when she asked me if I was gay or not but instead I panicked and said I don't know and now she assumes I'm straight because to her, people who question their sexuality must be 100 percent straight....
    And now, after a few days of feeling uneasy, I found this site and I'd thought it'd be great to be able to chat with other people like me. So, here I am, I guess!

Nice to meet you all!

2. Vampire

Hello and welcome, LesbianThrasher!

I wish you luck and hope everything goes alright with your parents. You can do it, I assure you.

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hi, Les! I came out as transgen to my mom not long ago. It was maybe a teensy bit awkward, but she had no problem with it and even came out to me in return! Not that I didn't really know xD
    So you see, if you really want them to know, then just try to tell them, often the longer you wait the harder it gets.
    They should understand that your feelings are likely very much the same as ever, you just express yourself differently, at least that's what it's like for me.
    A very happy welcome to EC! People here are really nice, I just joined a little while ago myself :slight_smile:
    Nice to meet you too!

4. Chi and Bashful

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Welcome to EC it nice to meet you too:smilewave

5. Astral

Welcome to EC! I hope the community can help you on your journey to self-discovery. :slight_smile:

6. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

I'm glad you're here. You'll have the support you need. I'm here if you need someone to talk to :slight_smile:

7. Hello! Welcome to EC! It's great to meet you! It's good that your folks would be accepting. It's okay to feel uncomfortable about coming out at first. Give yourself time. I've known that I'm gay since I was ten, and even though I knew my parents would be accepting, I didn't come out until I was fourteen, and a freshman in high school. I think one of my teachers told my mom that I'm gay. I hope you like it here! :slight_smile: You're always welcomed to talk to us. You're welcomed to wall message me if you need to talk to someone. :slight_smile:

8. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you all for your kind words, I really appreciate them! It made my day. I have a feeling I'm gonna like it here.

9. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people