1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by BrittanyLane86, Mar 29, 2015.

1. BrittanyLane86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,my name is Brittany and I'm new to this site! I'm bisexual and recently came out about 8 months ago. I have always known I was attracted to women,but never could accept it until recently. I was with a man for 6 years and have been single for 6 months now. What inspired me to come out and accept this part of myself was when I started working on my anxiety and the root cause of it. My whole life I never felt comfortable in my own skin and I guess on a subconscious level I knew why. Growing up I was lead to believe that being gay was wrong. It's unfortunate,but that's what I was taught through religion,family,and society. I knew what I felt for women came from a good place,but of course I wanted to be accepted and I thought that those feelings would make me an outcast,so I repressed that part of myself. Ever since I came out my anxiety isn't as bad and I feel liberated! It's amazing how loving and accepting who you are can change your life! I came out to the people in my life that matter and I feel very blessed that they accept it and have been very supportive! I'm also grateful for finding this site and being able to share a little bit of my story :eusa_danc

2. lovely lesbian

3. CrazyAwkward

Hi Brittany! Welcome to EC. I'm glad you were finally able to accept yourself. That's awesome! And congrats on coming out! Hope you enjoy your time here :slight_smile:

4. Broods

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC Brittany! :slight_smile:

I can relate so much to your coming out story - thank you so much for sharing it. If you ever want to talk about anything I'd be happy to listen. I hope you enjoy exploring this wonderful online community!

Congrats on coming out (!)

5. BrittanyLane86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the welcome! I'm so glad you can relate! I'm here if you ever want to talk too :slight_smile:

6. Hello! Welcome to EC! It's great to meet you! We hope you like it here! :slight_smile:

7. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people