1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Germany

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by ThatGuyT, Mar 31, 2015.

1. ThatGuyT

ThatGuyT Guest

Hi everyone,:smilewave

I was born in Germany and moved to africa with my parents and older brother at the Age of 4. The country we moved to is not very accepting of LGBT People and homosexuality can be punished by imprisonment. I have seen some openly gay couples Walking around in town and nobody really cares about it so the laws are not reinforced.

I have been attracted to other guys for as long as I can remember. With women it seems to be more of an emotional than sexual attraction. This sounds a bit like internalized homophobia from what I've read but if it isnt, then I'm probably bi with a strong sexual preference to men and a strong emotional preference to women :confused: I don't really care too much about labels right now. I'm just glad to be in a country where I can experiment a little and find whatever suits me best.

My brother has been in Germany for 4 years already and has some LGBT friends. He even went to a pride day there so I think he might take it well once I come out to him. My father is a racist, homophobe and has already said that he would disown my brother if he were gay. Me and him have never really gotten along very well so I think I might be disowned already anyways. My mom is different. She just keeps quiet about most things. While my brother had a turkish girlfriend she was fine with it while my dad was very unhappy. So I think my mom would get used to the idea of me not being straight after some time.

This intro took me about 3 hours because I'm so :***:ing nervouse. I just want to accept myself and get on with this part of my life. I guess this is the first step I've taken in coming out. (!)

Thanks for reading

ThatGuyT:thumbsup:

2. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Hallo ^^

Welcome to EC! I'm actually learning German, myself.

3. GreenMan

GreenMan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to Empty Closets! You have done the hard part. Glad you decided to continue writing the introduction post.

EC is a great place to start becoming comfortable with yourself, and become ready to come out to others around you. Take your time in figuring things out. It sounds like you already would have one big supporter. Welcome aboard! :slight_smile:

5. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Hello there! :3 Welcome to EC~

6. lovely lesbian

7. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Guten Tag! You're strong for showing your true colors to the world like this! There are many people who for some stupid reason or other hate on gays and LGBTQ people. But always remember, when times are rough or you just want to chat or vent a bit, we here at EC will be there for you! Don't forget that, and welcome! :slight_smile:

8. Pine

Pine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, welcome!

9. ThatGuyT

ThatGuyT Guest

Thanks for all the nice replies. :slight_smile:

10. happydavid

Gender Pronoun: