1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your story?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by redrudolph, Apr 1, 2015.

1. redrudolph

Hello! I don't know many people on hear so I thought about how I could get to know some...please post your story on here!

2. ThatGuyT

ThatGuyT Guest

Hi,:smilewave I'm new here as well and would also like to get to know some people on this site. I'm german and grew up in Africa. I've always known that I wasn't straight but always kept it to myself. Non one really noticed that I might not be sraight so I never really felt like I needed to hide, People just assumed that I was straight. I told myself that I would register on this site once I got to Germany to study. Now I'm back in my place of birth and regitered yesterday. I have an older brother who I think would be ok with me being gay or bi. My mom would probably need some time to get used to it but she should be fine. My dad is the only one who has made many racist and homophobic remarks. Thankfully I never had a good relationship with him so I don't really care much about his reaction. Highschool was pretty nice for me....great friends and great teachers. Three teachers, maths, biology and english, have even talked about homosexuality and how we should accept it. In german we even had to write an essay on Conchita Wurst. The majority of the class felt neutral towars the subject, some were very positive and very few had negative attitudes. So I was really lucky when it comes to my school life. (!)So now I'm finally in Germany, where I can slowly start the process of coming out to myself and others.
    What's your story? :slight_smile:

3. redrudolph

Wow your story is awesome, shame about your dad though... What was it like in Africa?
    My story is a little complex, :slight_smile: what do you want to be when you are older?

4. ThatGuyT

ThatGuyT Guest

Coud you summarize your Story? :lol:
    Africa was great. I'm really glad that we moved there. Life in Africa is a little simpler and more relaxed than in Europe. The best part about Africa is definitely the nature. We first lived in the interior of the country which was very hot and full of wildlife. We even had a rabbid Kudu in our Yard once. It jumped over our fence to try and drink out of the pool. Sadly it had to be shot due to the rabies. I also had a chameleon for 2 or 3 years without any Permit :grin: We moved to a coastal town because of the school there and I spent the last 8 years in that town. It was really nice but after 14 years of not taking any holiday out side of the country I'm really glad to be somewhere else for a change. Before leaving to Germany I spent a week at our old house Inland and found 7 scorpions and 4 snakes so there really is tons of wildlife there which I miss here in Germany. The weather here is pretty crazy though haha especially now...Are you guys in England also feeling the storm moving over europ at the moment?
    I want to study Biology and possibly go into Genetics but I'm really not sure yet. All I know is that I'll start with a Bachelors in Biology and see where where that leads me. :thumbsup:

5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi I'm not really sure what you want to know about me. Don't think there is a lot 2 me. I'm a 35 year old bisexual, I'm the chocolate society leader, I live in England and I love my dancing banana(!)

#5 happydavid, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015