1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well then...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Saolyn, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Saolyn

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not quite sure how this is going to go at 9 AM- my brain's just about useless until noon- but let's both try to survive this, shall we?

Hello! As you can see, I'm a new member here, and I do hope to be able to connect with you all as time moves forward. I know I'm a bit... er... Formal at the moment, but I promise you I can be casual. Sometimes. (And a perverse woman the rest of the time but we will not bring that here. I will be a good girl.)

Regardless, hm... a bit about me? I'm 18, just about to enter college... My father is an obsessed Baptist, and my mother is along for that ride. My mother at least knows and accepts it, even if she finds it disgusting. While I'm not out to the old man yet, I fully intend to shove and pictures of me kissing my future girlfriend, whoever she may be, in his face once I've moved out.

... Isn't that the best way to come out to a homophobic, after all?

I can be a forward person, as you can tell, but honest to all hell I'm actually nice- I've told strangers 'I love you' to be polite. Anyhow, I do hope I can befriend at least a few of you, and perhaps I'll let on more about myself as time progresses, but for now, that's enough. :wink:

2. Images and Words

heyo. welcome to ec. i have a similar plan to come out to my homophobic mother :slight_smile:

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hi, Saolyn, love your name! :grin: You seem like a perky girl, I like that! See ya around and welcome to EC! Love you!! (were I polite enough now?) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: xoxo (*hug*)

4. GreenMan

GreenMan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You did fine, quite an interesting intro! :slight_smile: Welcome to EC, hope to chat sometime in the future.

5. ThatGuyT

ThatGuyT Guest

Hi there :slight_smile:
    I feel the same about my dad. Mine is not religious but he's still a racist, homophobic dick. A part of me hopes that I turn out to be completely gay just to make him mad. :icon_wink
    Welcome and good luck with your situation...hopefully your mom comes around a little more some day.

6. nohalos

Hello, Saolyn! What a creative name! Welcome to EC!

I think it's better to come out not by shoving but being passive-aggressive. Like, "OMG Dad, look at me and my girl, just like you and mom." or something like that. :slight_smile:

7. soccergirl16

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi there! :slight_smile: if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to message me, and don't worry I'm not a morning person either haha

8. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people