1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi everyone.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by jareau, Apr 4, 2015.

1. jareau

jareau Guest

Hi everyone,

I found this forum when googling ways to speak with other people who, like me, are struggling with with the 'doom' of telling people their orientation.

I'm 21 and from the UK, I guess I'm just hoping to mix with some lgbt people (because I don't know ANY), especially people living within the UK where I feel there is still a lot of out dated stigma regarding homosexuality. Hopefully I can be that person to some others too.

I think this site is a great idea, everyone seems incredibly friendly and helpful.

Have a great day, nice to (virtually) meet you all.

2. Kua

Kua

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi!
    I'm a newbie to! (are we in the same class? should we sit together at lunch? *looks around nervously*)

From what you've written I think I'm probably here for the same reasons as you.
    I'm from a small place where everyone knows everyone. Except me, cause I don't know anyone. I know some lgbt people where I live, but like, more know of, than actually know them.

Nice to meet you too! :slight_smile:

3. jareau

jareau Guest

Hey Kua,

I read your post on the welcome wall and it made me laugh but I didn't have the nuts to say hi. Man up, right?

From what you've written I'm pretty sure you are a Swedish, female version of me ha. I'm envious of people who live in the city and don't recognise people everywhere!

We should definitely sit together at lunch some time, your treat yeah?

Thanks for writing to me.

4. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi guys!!! You both dont have to sit alone in lunch, you can sit with me! :slight_smile: Welcome to the two of you! You made the perfect decision in joining EC! I hope that you find all the answers to your questions! If you need someone to talk to, you can always count on me :grin: Enjoy!

5. LiamP

Hey Jareau, Liam here cool post I know my first was mediocre to say the least hahah I'm 17 Bi and still in a dark closet, guess were in the same boat on that front.

6. hephzibah

hephzibah Guest

Hi, and welcome! :slight_smile:

7. Kua

Kua

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hehe, I know what you mean.
    I thought I'd take full advantage of the anonymity and just close my eyes, press all the buttons and hope nothing explodes. Which is waay out of character for me. But hey, you've got to try sometime! :slight_smile:

8. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people