1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings to all.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by ArtSchmo, Apr 12, 2015.

1. ArtSchmo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm new, as you can probably tell by my posting in the introductory section. Duh.
    I'm a 20 (turning 21 in five days) year-old artistic type from Helsinki, Finland.
    I'm an aspiring professional illustrator, working hard to get his break into the industry. Art is something I've always been doing, for as long as I can recall - longer even - and it always felt like a natural career choice. I'd say it was pre-destined if I actually believed in such things. I'm also musical, with five instruments and six years of band experience under my belt. My hobbies include poetry, reading, political, philosophical, and sociological debates, and a healthy dose of swimming and gym workout.

After doing a bit of lurking, I decided to create a profile in hopes of maybe making some sense of my current situation. I'm gonna do a separate thread for it altogether, but let's say for now that it has to do with my ego-dystonic (in terms of inconsistency) feelings towards a member of the same sex. So far, I've only ever been in heterosexual relationships, so this is very new to me, and I don't quite know what to make of it or what to do. I'm hoping there are people here who could maybe shed light, or give advice, especially members who are in/have been through the same kind of situation.

I'm not one to label myself, so I tend to steer clear of terms like straight, bi, gay, or what have you. I'd prefer to not let my orientation - whatever it may be - define who I am.

Anyway, sorry for the moderately lengthy introductory post. I have this bad habit of going on tangents and getting way off-topic. I know a lot of people have the attention span of a common housefly and would prefer to read as little as possible, but I felt like I needed to explain my situation and character a bit.

Thank you for your time.

#1 ArtSchmo, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  2. vrygy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi there c:
    I'm new here too, you seem like a very interesting person

3. ArtSchmo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Oh, I can assure you, I'm rather dry and boring IRL. Just ask any of my friends - all THREE of them. They have an eccentric taste in friends if my boring ass appeals to them. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

Nice to meet you.

4. nohalos

Five instruments, eh? Dang, man. That's impressive. Haha Welcome to EC! You seem so cool! Please do explore the forums! They're really fun! See you around. :slight_smile:

5. Perrin

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi there, ArtSchmo!

Don't apologize for the "long" introduction! c: You write beautifully. I may be quite younger than you, but I'm in a somewhat similar situation. In the past I've labeled myself heteroflexible, bisexual, pansexual, even questioning, but I don't want to say that I am something when I'm really not that. I usually now go with queer. (I tend to talk in great lengths as well...)
    It's great to have you on the server, Art. Welcome, and have fun!! :grin:

6. ArtSchmo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Well, that was fast.
    Shoot me a PM sometime. I feel like we should talk.

7. lukeluvznicki13

Greetings & Welcome to Empty Closets :smilewave :eusa_danc :welcome:

8. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people