1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi there!!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by MattOnAStar, Apr 12, 2015.

1. MattOnAStar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello everybody!!

I finally joined the EC community, after discovering the forum by chance about a month ago.
    I'm a 22 year-old guy from Italy and, as you can tell by this, English is not my native language: sorry in advance for any mistake I'll make (you're very welcome if you want to correct me :icon_wink). I love everything related to web and design, and I hope to become a professional web designer.

Why am I here? Well, I've questioned my sexuality for ages, I think since I was 15, and I've always regarded my feelings towards other boys as something temporary, destined to disappear once grown up. Obviously, they never changed and, after six months of ups and downs, two years ago I finally came out to myself and to three of my closest friends. But I wasn't ready yet to fully accept myself and to live according to my feelings. So, basically, since those COs I've kept myself in the closet, pretending to be straight to everyone, although aware of being gay.

Right now, I don't know if it's the right moment or if I'm ready: but what I know for sure is that I can't go on like this anymore. I want to stop being someone I'm not and I want to, finally, start living. I want to love and be loved. But to do so, I need to collect all of the courage I can, and I need to feel I'm not alone. Here I hope to know a lot of people to talk to, and to get some support and good advice!

Sorry for the quite long post and thanks you all for reading!!

2. Verb

Hey there :slight_smile:

Totally empathise with your situation... I went through something similar when I first attempted to come out to my family.
    Eventually felt that the life I was living just wasn't good enough and that the worst thing wasn't coming out and being rejected but remaining 'in' as I pretty much felt I'd go crazy. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Think you're very wise to try and make some LGBT connections beforehand though. It's good to have supportive people you can fall back on if your family/friends do take it badly (even if that bad reaction is just temporary). I did the same thing and it helped me a lot. :slight_smile:

Your English is great by the way! So don't worry about it. :wink:

3. MattOnAStar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you so much, Verb :icon_wink
    I really hope to make a new beginning out of this moment!

4. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi! Welcome to EC! First of all, youre a damn cool person! Web designers are freaking awesome! As a multimedia art student, I have studied web developing and web design and understood how hard it is to be logical, analytical, and artistic at the same time in making a website. Anyways, if youre having trouble coming out or you want some advice in it, you can create a thread in Coming Out Advice forum. :slight_smile: I hope that helped. And if you need someone to talk to, you can always come to my profile and leave a message and I'll reply ASAP! Enjoy MattOnAStar!

5. lukeluvznicki13

Greetings & Welcome to Empty Closets :smilewave :eusa_danc :welcome:

6. MattOnAStar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you all for the hearty welcome!! Really appreciated!

golgari, what you're studying is awesome!! Unfortunately, here we don't have such a thing, actually I'm majoring in Mass Communications (among the others, I study things like Internet Marketing, social media interaction models and so on...) and I work just as a self-taught designer and coder. Anyway, I hope to get a master degree in web design in a year or two... we'll see!!

Maybe we can also share some thought about design and multimedia, if you want to!!!

7. HugasaurusRex

Hello and welcome! :grin:

8. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  9. Journeyman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay