1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by BiComp, Apr 15, 2015.

1. BiComp

Hi my name in Lisa (not my real name btw) and I am a young bisexual/pansexual/questioning girl, I am still in the closet because
    1) I hate that people have to come out
    2) I would lose a lot of friends who would want to stay friends with me but their parents would (find out) and (because of their religion) force them to stop being friends with me
    3) Idk how my parents (I don't think I am going to come out to them, if I have a girlfriend I will just take her home w/t me and a boyfriend the same) or friends or teachers would react
    4) Idk how

So those are the main reasons but I think I would like to go in this order: PSHE Teacher (I trust her) or PE teacher (I trust her too), friends and (if) parents. I am not sure how my parents would react because once I was watching these science guys youtube channel and they are a gay couple and one of them kissed the other on the cheek and when my mom asked if they were gay I said it was as a joke and no, but I do not know her opinion on gays/bisexuals/pansexuals and I think my dad is open to all.. So idk!!! Do you think it is a good idea to come out to teachers (especially if they find out before that you have a crush on them)???!!! :kiss: (!):help::help::help:

---------- Post added 15th Apr 2015 at 09:21 PM ----------

PLEASE REPLY IF YOU HAVE ANY ADVISE :icon_bigg :thumbsup:

2. ApexxShadow

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

3. lovely lesbian

4. confuseddreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Lisa.... You are very welcome. Firstly, I hope you find this a comforting and friendly place, where you can relax and feel at ease. Everyone is very kind and supporting. I'm glad to chat anytime I'm on here, please feel free to leave me a message if you'd like to.
    You sound in a very similar position to me. I have only recently come out to myself as bi, and due to the complex issues in my life - including the homophobia that is instilled in a lot of people, I have to be very careful and selective who I tell.
    I would be careful, and errr on the side of caution regarding coming out to teachers for now. Is there a councillor or welfare adviser at your school, who has to maintain confidentiallity and respect your privacy. That might be your best course of action for now.

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I suggest the Coming Out Advice section under Support.
    And yes, it does suck that you have to come out at all, I mean, ideally that would just be a tiny detail of no consideration unless for example perhaps you were flirting with someone in an atypical way, e.g. not heterosexually. Being trans is another thing, but still, it shouldn't bbe a big deal. But it's unfortunately like that now, so more as protection for yourself it can be good to come out, but I mean, you have to tailor your own come-out scheme, like who to come out to, when, how etc. :slight_smile:
    So the support forums are a great place for tips on how to do that :slight_smile:
    Two general bits of advice: 1) Do what makes you feel comfortable, 2) Never hold youself back.

Take care and feel free to wall me if you've any questions! Hope to see ya around <3

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people