1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

arfff sup =)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by sartorious, Apr 15, 2015.

1. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Arff

hello
    this is my 2nd thread at this forum, my 1st post was asking for help to stop my suicidal feeling that relapsed a while ( 3 days ) back and damn it feels good to finally able to talk about it. I'm 21 years old, living in a country south east asia ( its indonesia btw )... hopefully i can talk to you guys when my suicidal feeling relapse again.

currently i'm still hiding deep inside my closet for my own safety against my own father death threat. therefore i'm so sorry i cant give you my real name.

so far i'm loving this site

good day
    arffff

2. ApexxShadow

Welcome to EC! We're here to support you <3

3. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi sartorious! I'm sorry to hear your dad threatened you :frowning2: That can't be an easy thing to deal with. Are there laws to protect LGTBQ people in Indonesia?

4. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    definitely no... being gay or even suspicion of being gay is even punishable in one province. living together is acceptable in large cities but still have to be cautious due to social stigma and discrimination

yep... so far no protection for people like me

death threats are punishable but i cant prove it due to i have no audio recording and people here are tend to keep secret very well to protect their good image and preserve their family name clear. judge and polices are bribe-able to shut down cases. Fake witnesses can be made easily of you have decent amount of money.

even the LGBT organization annual meeting few years back are being threatened and shut down before it begun by hard line moslem organization and the police couldn't even do anything about it =)

there is support group and shelter homes in several cities. but you risk yourself getting exposed and forced to come out and since my life is on the line i cant afford that

so far it went 'great' here. living under pressure, no help, no support and isolated.

I just joined this site for a few days and i really feel the supportive environment around here, no judging just being yourself

so sorry i write too much, just tired of being unable to speak my mind out loud

hopefully it gets better each day. one can only hope
    arfff

5. nohalos

Welcome to EC! I see you've used the forums before, so don't be hesitant to use them if you need help. :slight_smile:

And is the situation really bad in Indonesia? Here in the Ph, it's not as bad, I guess. But the discrimination is really there.

6. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    arfff

The discrimination really terrible here in SE Asia especially in country predominantly occupied by moslem like mine. I dont have any problem with the moslem in general, in fact i was raised moslem (until i lost my own faith few years back due to being mistreated and the threat doesn't help me at all).

for the province where suspicion of being gay is punishable you should Google the aceh province, they apply Islamic/sharia law where suspicion being gay is punishable. The city I'm living in is currently having the most diverse population and quite accepting community due to several LGBT organization existed here, but still the activities are restricted by the hard line moslem group(again, i don't have problem with moslem in general).

so far the hard line moslem group has dominated the war everywhere in this country(since when this became a war lols:icon_bigg)

The image that currently build in my head is people in my condition going to face a long hard and rough road here, especially if you came out at the wrong time to the wrong person (like my family for the example). and since i'm identifying myself as gay (8 years ago) until now, there are no law/policies that protect us.

it probably just my family, my environment and my personal point of view that makes this post kind of bias. but really, who knows?

good day to us
    arfff

7. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hi and welcome to EC :slight_smile: I'm from one of the most socially liberal countries on Earth, and can't really comprehend how bad it must be for you. All I can do is send hugs, I guess, lots of them! You're beautiful the way you are, don't forget that <3 (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

8. nohalos

Best of luck to us both, then. There's been massive discrimination in my country, but we're predominantly a Catholic country. So we maybe spared from such laws like punishing for being LGBT, but cue in the religious rant and a lot of ignorance and you get the same homophobia.

Anyway, EC has been my escape for a number of days now. Let EC be yours too. :slight_smile: Have fun around!

9. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    arfff

thank you all for your warm welcome (&&&)(&&&)(&&&)

10. confuseddreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, Welcome. It's horrible the position you are in, and my thoughts are with you that you remain safe.
    I'm bi myself, and find a lot of hmophobia around me.
    I'm glad you have found here, because it is a good, kind, safe place.
    Everyone is so friendly. I'm going to send you a friend request. If ever you want to message me, please do. (*hug*)

11. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people