1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I fall in love with the wrong people...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by ilovestraights, Apr 18, 2015.

1. ilovestraights

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey everyone! My first post on this site...

I'm a 21 year old guy whose been out of the closet to my friends for about 3 years now. I have yet to have a relationship with a guy mainly because I always seem to fall for the straight guys. It's either a coworker, kid from high school, or my friends' boyfriends. It just sucks that I always get feelings for those who are never going to reciprocate. I've never even had a crush on another gay guy before, only straight ones. It seems like those who like me are just not my type; overly flamboyant and feminine. Last night I told my coworker (who is engaged to a girl because he is leaving for the navy soon) that I had feelings for him and although he didn't react in a negative way he still rejected me. My friends and I are suspicious of him being bicurious, but he was clear last night about how he felt about guys. However he would confuse me and always comment on if guys are cute or not, asking me in detail about my past hookups or if I'm seeing anybody. Any thoughts? I'm in a bit of a pickle.

2. Ortensia

Ortensia Guest

Welcome to EC :slight_smile: you're definitely not the only one who falls for straight people, and I'm certain you'll find loads of people here sharing similar stories. As for this guy, either he is genuinely straight or perhaps in denial if he's giving you mixed signals- but bear in mind that commenting on guys being attractive does not necessarily mean that he's bisexual. It may be that your feelings for him are causing you to read too deeply into his behaviour.

But anyway, welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it here :slight_smile:

3. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people