1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*pokes toe in water* Yup, it's alright

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Verb, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Verb

Hello

Well I've been putting off writing an introduction for myself because I can never think of what to say, but here goes. I'm transgender and consider myself post-transition: I've been on hormones for over 5 years and had top surgery in 2012. I'm pretty happy where I am with that side of things.
    I came out as gay when I transitioned but I don't really feel comfortable with that label anymore. I'm still pondering and exploring that aspect of myself. Being on this board has already helped my thought processes because it's awesome to read about the experiences of other LGBTQI people.

I suffer from social anxiety so I find every day things like going to work quite stressful, and on really bad days I just seem to be totally incapable of properly interacting with my colleagues. Sometimes that mixed with being trans/non-hetero makes me feel really isolated. I don't have many friends and the friends I do have aren't the most enlightened on LGBTQI subjects, sadly. They also don't understand what social anxiety is.

I recently went through quite a bad down phase (I've suffered from depression for the bulk of my adult life) and decided it was really important for me to feel more in touch with an LGBTQI community. Hence why I joined this site. There are local groups where I live but they're mostly for teenagers... and besides that, I really can't stand any 'group' situations. So an online community is pretty much perfect for me and so far I really like it here. :slight_smile:

Thanks for reading.

2. Ortensia

Ortensia Guest

Welcome to EC :slight_smile: I hope you find the support you're looking for here

3. Miss PH fan

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi Verb!
    You said hi to me when I introduced myself, so I thought I could do just the same :slight_smile:
    I totally understand what you say about not finding local groups for adults. It's really hard to find something like that here in my country as well.
    I identified as a lesbian: my family and friends are supportive but I don't have many people to relate to. I only have a lesbian friend, and my ex is barely talking to me, so... I think I understand what you're going through.
    I'm a newbie here, but I see everybody in this site is awesome, so I'm quite sure you'll find all the support you need and even more :wink:
    Greetings from Mexico!!
    (*hug*)

4. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey fellow UK'er! :slight_smile: Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've been through some tough times so far, hopefully we can help shine a light on things. Take a look around, and feel free to join in on the discussions!

5. lovely lesbian

6. adimanav

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi there welcome to ec... im not very regular here but I do visit when I can...feel free to talk abt anything here...the place is full of wonderful people :slight_smile:

7. Verb

:thumbsup:Thanks all for welcoming me :slight_smile: glad to be here

8. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people