1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Salaman, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Salaman

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been identifying as a biromantic asexual for a few months and haven't identified as bigendered in several months until last week. I, however, redisclosed my gender identity to one person lately. I began with the 'I'm transgender' statement. He then asked me how. I was assigned female at birth, but identify as a mix of man and woman, like a third gender. He then asked me about my biological sex characteristics, which I think has little to do with my gender identity. He hasn't contacted me in days. I wouldn't feel comfortable coming out to my Christian parents again, since I told them dozens of times before.

2. DragKing692

Firstly, welcome to EC! You'll really like it here. I know I do. Secondly, I'm sorry about your friend. I know how it feels to get rejected for your sexuality/ gender. It's happened to me too. I'm no expert though, so ill try to leave that part to the more experienced users. But if you need to blow off steam, I'm right here.
    Best wishes,
    Bernie

3. lovely lesbian

4. 404dotexe

Well I'm sorry to hear you have very religious parents
    Anyway enjoy your stay! And its nice to meet you!

5. adimanav

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi there....I'm sorry u had trouble wd coming out.. but now you're here so feel free to talk abt whatever you want and have fun :wink:

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome! Do not worry so much about labels. They are useful, but you should just think of yourself as a human who is or isn't attracted to other groups of humans. Most straight and cisgendered people don't even think about this; they have society telling what they feel is okay. It's harder for others, but that's only if you let society dictate who you should be or love.

7. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  8. crystalgem

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi! I'm also an asexual biromantic, also in Georgia. Sorry about your circumstances, especially parents. I'm Christian and I support everyone in this community. Anyway, welcome, nice to meet you!

9. Salaman

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks guys! I called my friend after he text me yesterday and he had the nerve to say, 'don't use big words with me' and asked about my 'outsides' so to speak. After I answered him, he replied, 'you're not f*cking trans because you haven't been diagnosed with it.' I've written him paragraphs relating to gender, yet he couldn't get them through his think skull. I though we were together on this gender nonconforming thing because he's a flamboyant bisexual (as he said). And little does he know that homosexuality was a diagnosis. Hey, Friend: 'transgender' is not a diagnosis, but gender dysphoria can be. Anyways, after I retold him about my gender identity for the third time, we went to another subject. I don't mean to be like Alfred Binet, but when I look back to that conversation, I thought 'this guy is as dumb as he sounds! Why did I continue to associate with him? Smh. My head is getting lighter and lighter.' Part of me wanted to call him back then snap, but another part of me thought about ignoring him, if he ever calls me (as he said he would). I just think 'wow, this guy is my age yet thinks 'menstruate' or 'urine' is a 'big word!'