1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just another young rainbow opening up

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by vipco3, Apr 19, 2015.

1. vipco3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yes, I just wanted to introduce myself considering I just joined this community. I'm a bisexual, I've opened this info up to my bestfriend who was open to the idea and tried to give some advice as best an asexual can. It makes sense in it's own sense, she's always been a supporter of expressing sexuality and firmly believes I should be able to express myself in my own way... tho only to people I trust because... well bullying isn't uncommon in my school :dry: I am actually a highschooler, going on 16. I have a boyfriend. That doesn't mean I don't identify as bisexual. He knows I'm bi and accepts it. He doesn't push it and accepts me as I am. He is a very understanding boyfriend. And my mom also knows though she says it's just a 'phase'. No, it's not just a phase. I know this because I know myself, have any questions or opinions on this just throw them out in my thread. But well yah, my pastor also knows this, and accepts it. He thinks that's why i have depression and anxiety attacks because I don't think anybody others then those close will accept me. I'm an athiest btw tho not that he knows that. And to top that off my mom is forcing me to be confirmed as a Christian. Great. Well have any question, stories, anything, throw it out there. Just thought I'd introduce myself. (&&&)

2. ApexxShadow

Welcome to EC! Feel free to message me at any time :slight_smile:

3. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello and welcome!

4. lovely lesbian

5. 404dotexe

Well I'm sorry to hear about your mum saying its a phase and her forcing you to be a Christian.

Anyway, let's keep things positive :slight_smile:
    Its nice to meet you! *hugs*

6. vipco3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's alright, she she can't change what I do actually believe. Thank you *hugs* and thanks all you guys for welcoming me

7. 404dotexe

Fair enough, I'm an agnostic atheist, and I'm sorry but I don't see any proof of a god, but whatever, if your happy with it, I'm happy for you :slight_smile:

8. vipco3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Agreed, I don't either. I just go with it because my mom would freak out if I didn't. All my family is religious, but yanno I just don't believe in a God. Doesn't mean I'm positive, my own beliefs just don't have him in it.

9. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hi and welcome to EC!!
    Almost every post with background stories I read I realize how lucky I am to live where I do - where the Church actually attends the Pride parades with openly gay pastors preaching love and people often barely even react at all when one comes out as trans+bi or whichever.
    I do wish the entire world could be like that, but sadly that's not nearly the case :frowning2:

Well, in Sweden I'd say maybe about one in two kids confirm themselves, even though maybe 9/10 are atheists/simply don't give a toss about religion or God etc. I do recommend that if you feel uncomfortable with confirmation, you ought to tell your mom. And really, if she says why, and you don't wish to tell her you're an atheist, you shouldn't have to. I suggest talking to her.
    And as for coming out IRL, maybe there's a local LGBT+ group, cafe or similar? Otherwise I suggest staying close to the people you trust with your sexuality. I'm also in high school, although mine, as mentioned above, is super open, like even if a teacher happens to be overtly or mistakenly LGBT+-phobic, then the school council can report them or tell them to, you know, read up or whatever :slight_smile: I have been in middle school though, where it was far less accepting and I had to play macho a lot if I didn't want to be bashed (I'm DMAB).
    Anyways, if you've questions, do check out the Support Area, it's brilliant!
    Hope to see you around, ad good luck with everything! Feel free to wall me! Hugs and kisses! (*hug*) :kiss:

#9 Invidia, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  10. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people