1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by mountainman, Apr 20, 2015.

1. mountainman

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi, I just joined today, and thought I'd give ya'll a little history about me. I'm 31 years old, and after severe childhood and teen trauma, I have spent the rest of my life discovering that I'm pretty sure I'm asexual. Before I post any further, is it cool to post triggering subject matter? I don't want to get flagged on my first post.

2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  3. Ortensia

Ortensia Guest

Hiya, welcome to EC. I'm so sorry you went through that and hope we can give you the support you need.

I THINK it's okay so longer as you warn people there might be a trigger at the start of the post. But don't take my word for it, because I'm not sure.

Anyway, enjoy it here! X

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi.

Since we are not a trauma community, triggers are generally not a big deal here, and we try to be pretty open and tolerant. As long as the subject of your thread, or first sentence of your post makes it fairly obvious, there's no need to post a specific trigger warning.

5. confuseddreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Mountainman... Firstly, welcome, brilliant to have you here. As Chip says, triggers are generally not a big deal here, and everyone is so nice, understanding and supportive here, and will help you and put you at your ease.
    If you want peace of mind, what you could do is write the word "Trigger" either in the subject box, or on the forst line of you text - but as I say, everyone is so good here. (*hug*)

6. mountainman

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well, here goes nothing, in condensed form: In may, 1990, I was in a severe car/train accident that killed my 3 y/o brother and a family friend, and hospitalized me for 91 days in Cooks Children's Medical Center in Ft. Worth. I was comatose for over 2 weeks, had to learn to do everything; sit up, eat, walk, talk, etc, again. Ever since then, I have suffered from depression, ptsd, and survivors guilt, and ever since 5th grade, seizures. I've been suicidal since age 7, & been to therapists on and off ever since. In junior high, I started sort of getting into girls, but never had anything serious until recently, which ended up failing miserably. Over time I've just come to terms that I don't feel attraction the way normal people do:icon_sad:

7. Rapha Lover

Welcome to EC!

Enjoy <3

8. mountainman

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the warm welcomes, guys. I never really know where to start on these things. And I didn't want to scare anyone away. That's happened to me a lot, unfortunately.