1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Keephating7, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Keephating7

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hi everyone, I'm a 20 year old lesbian. never been kissed or even asked out on a date. I have social anxiety disorder and depression, so feeling confident enough to ask someone out is a major issue for me. or even trying to talk to a girl I find attractive. my self esteem is pretty low and I'm very inscure about myself, from my looks to my lack of a social life. I feel so lonely like I'm going to be single forever. I recently made an online dating profile, so far I've matched with a few girls. I felt unworthy of them even swiping right on me, because I feel so unattractive. I am so shy and afraid of rejection. can someone please give me a few words of advise? I really could use some kind words right now :frowning2:

#1 Keephating7, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  2. Ortensia

Ortensia Guest

Hi there, welcome to EC :slight_smile:

You aren't going to be single forever. There are going to be women out there who will fall in love with you and think that you're fantastic and gorgeous even if you don't agree with them. Anyone who rejects you just doesn't appreciate what a great person I'm sure you are, and it's their loss. Maybe thinking of it that way will give you some more confidence. The most important thing is to love yourself, flaws and all. I know it's easier said than done :frowning2:

If you ever wanna talk, I'm here! Hope you enjoy it at EC :slight_smile: x

3. Verb

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're going through such a low patch in your life :frowning2: I also suffer from social anxiety and depression and low self-esteem, so I know where you're coming from and how difficult it can be. But just think! You've made a really positive step just by joining this forum and actually talking about it...now press on with it and don't let your SA scare you away.

Not sure what advice I can give you vis-a-vis dating since that's not an area where I have much experience. I've tried dating sites before but to be honest I found them too intimidating and couldn't talk to anyone because the pressure of it being a 'dating' site got to me. Actually when I think of actually finding anyone I'm seriously interested in it kind of scares me rofl. >_<

Do you not have any family/friends you can talk to about your depression etc?

take care (*hug*)

4. confuseddreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (((Keephating7))) First things first, here's sending you a massive hug, and a warm welcome here. I get social anxiety disorder and depression myself, and my self-esteem is pretty awful too, so I can relate to you. I can tell you're a kind and gentle person, and as Ortensia says, you aren't going to be single forever. Anyone who rejects you, just doesn't appreciate the nice person you are, and it''ll be their loss. There are though, going to be women out there who will fall in love with you, seeing the beautiful person you really are. Please don't feel lonely - your qualities shine through I'm sure, and the right person will come along, and be thankful of your friendship and love.
    As people have said to me before, just because I cant see my own qualities and attributes, others can't, and as Verb says, you've made a really positive step just by joining this forum and actually talking about it... everyone here is so kind and so supportive. I myself, am going to send you a friend request, and would be glad to talk to you anytime. (*hug*)

5. lovely lesbian

6. RedLynx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi and welcome to EC! Don't you worry, there's definitely one girl out there for you. Don't give up your hopes yet, be positive. :slight_smile:

7. confuseddreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Cab8913 is spot on right there.
    There definitely is a girl out there waiting for someone, just like you - just as you are waiting for that person.
    You're a smashing person and you will find happiness. That girl and you will soon find each other. (*hug*)

8. RedLynx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you for the acknowledgment, confuseddreamer. That's exactly how I met my partner... we were both coping from heartbreak at that time. Didn't really expect we'd end up together.

9. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  10. mydancerslife

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    First stop thinking so low about yourself. You are BEAUTIFUL! Your soulmate is out there and she's looking for you.

11. confuseddreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks Cab8913. That's great!

12. Keephating7

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the positive words. My confidence is something i'm trying to work on