1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello everyone

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Broodyvamp, May 9, 2015.

1. Broodyvamp

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi I'm Kim and I have been questioning my sexuality for the past while. I'm in university and I never really considered being a lesbian or bisexual when I was younger but perhaps it was always there. I have never dated or even kissed anyone before which I am fairly embarrassed about because I'm older but I know it will happen at some point. Anyways I have a good friend of mine who is also in school but she lives far away from me. Awhile ago we were just talking on the phone like usual and she sort of came out to me, she told me she was dating a girl and I immediately supported her and we ended the conversation on a very good note. This friend is someone who I've always had a bit of a crush on, like I've thought about dating/kissing her and my reaction to her dating another girl was a bit of jealousy which is not good we have been friends for a really longing time like 5 years or so. In the next couple days I did a lot of thinking about myself more and it wasn't like she just got me thinking because I had been doing a lot in my first year and most of this year in school. So later that week I called her back and we were talking about things again and I ended up coming out to her as well we talked for a quite awhile just sorting through things. So I have come out to someone at least. I didn't tell her that I like her specifically, it wouldn't really work between us anyway since we both went separate ways to different universities.

I have always been really into tv shows and such so I think that was the major idea that got me to question my sexuality I started watching Lost Girl as well as some other shows that had LGBT representation and I found myself getting more invested in the relationships, and seeking out more shows with lesbian or bisexual characters. I got on tumblr which was great because I could find more and more great stuff with LGBT representation. I recently became a huge fan of this web series called Carmilla and it's really awesome if there are fellow creampuffs out there I say hi and I'm very excited for season two. Well that was very a long explanation and I hope it made sense. Anyway I'm just sort of lost but that is a bit about myself and I'm very excited to become a part of this community and talk with some of you guys. If you have any advice or anything it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

2. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC, Kim :slight_smile:!
    have you found other girls attractive or acquired feelings for other girls? From what youve typed it sounds very plausible that you are bisexual or lesbian. Either way, what matters is the person you fall in love with not their sex. Hope I helped >.<

3. lovely lesbian

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. Broodyvamp

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have found some other girls attractive just sort of by looks and in passing. Im a very shy person but i have been trying to get myself out there more in the last while. I have also been attracted to guys as well by more recently girls. I definitely think that i am more attracted to the person not necessarily their gender.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!

6. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Hello there, Kim! :slight_smile: Welcome to EC~ I hope your experience here is both enjoyable and safe. I wish you the best for your journey and advise that you look for groups either online (besides EC) and in rl to join so that you can interact with other people especially those who are lesbian or bisexual. By doing this, you're also building your support network which is a very important thing to have as an LGBTQIA member.

You've done a great job already in taking the initiative to search through the web (Tumblr is how I learned about my gender identity/sexuality ^_^) and just remember to keep an open mind. Things may seem confusing at first but always think on any new information you get before acquiring more - just a tip that helped me with my journey.

Other than that, don't be afraid to post any questions you might have in the appropriate forums or even better, reach out to any EC member. I'm sure anyone will be happy to answer or share their experiences.

Take Care!,
    -MvH.

7. intro55

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi and welcome.

8. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation: