1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New, nervous and strange

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Kaya-Sente, May 16, 2015.

1. Kaya-Sente

Hello...

:icon_redf

I don't currently have a suitable name and am more than a little nervous about posting here. I am 24 years old, though I usually forget it. I joined here because I am hoping to find friends (outside my therapist) who I can feel "myself" around. Something easier done on an anonymous environment. I am pansexual, preferring the big picture of a person over the individual parts, however this is not what brings me discomfort. I am gender fluid, and trying to find a place where I can fit in this world. It is a scary world to be different, something which I often am reminded of when searching for more information on the internet. I was originally hoping for a very specialized forum for non-binaries such as myself, however emptyclosets appears to be the only would be haven that reliably turns up. It seems it should be worth a shot at least.

If there is anything you would like to ask, feel free. I may not answer.

---------- Post added 16th May 2015 at 02:13 AM ----------

It is also apparently super late and I wasted too long debating on if i should post. In my more tired/confident self I wish to add that I really enjoy being awesome enough to break the mold despite the fears, and look forward to meeting other awesome people.

Now I shall go cower until i fall asleep....

#1 Kaya-Sente, May 16, 2015
    Last edited: May 16, 2015
  2. HugasaurusRex

Hello and welcome! :grin: No need to be nervous sweetie! We are all friendly, and full of hugs! (*hug*) There are no shortage of friends to be found on here.The place you fit? You fit no matter where you are, no matter what people may say.

I hope you enjoy your stay here and find what you are looking for! :grin:

Hugs galore (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

3. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi ChasingSente! Its a really smart move to choose to join EC :slight_smile: People here are VERY accepting and VERY friendly and VERY helpful! So dont be shy in asking around members :slight_smile: If you need someone to talk to, you can post anything on my wall and I'll reply ASAP.

I peaked at your About Me and I must say that we two would be good friends :slight_smile: Enjoy!

4. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey there!!! How's it going? :slight_smile: I'm Bobby, welcome to EC!
    If you need anything, feel free to leave me a message on my wall :slight_smile:
    Don't be nervous, we don't bite :wink: ...well, not unless you ask nicely :wink: (!)

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome and thanks for the intro. EC is a place where you can be yourself and ask questions about your sexuality or gender identity. We don't all fit in neat little boxes, so if you have questions, feel free to ask.

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  7. lovely lesbian

8. Kaya-Sente

Thank you! After exploring a little more I feel a lot more comfortable with the forums now. Anonymity of the internet helps.