1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi and bruised.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by PeachPenumbra, May 17, 2015.

1. PeachPenumbra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, I'm from England, I'm a girl, I'm a student, I'm bisexual, I'm 26 years old. No it's not a phase, I've known all my life that I'm queer the big shock was finding out that everyone else wasn't.
    Yes I have a boyfriend, no I'm not straight and no I don't "prefer" men.

I've never been in the closet but I'm scared to have gay friends because being bi isn't something a lot of gay people except. I know one girl who is cool with it and I just met her, she is amazing and now I have a bit more faith in the LG"B"T community so I'm here.
    I'm not here to start a fight, I just want to be accepted for who I am. I don't know if this is somewhere I can do that.

2. ThatGuyT

ThatGuyT Guest

Hi. This site is all about accepting people so I don't think you need to worry about that here. Of course there will always be different opinions on certain topics but I think the people on here handle their differences in a very civilised matter. I think most people here know that bisexuality is real and don't have any issues accepting it. If you want to find out exactly what the people here think you could start a poll question about the acceptance of bisexuality :slight_smile:

3. PeachPenumbra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's really good to know thanks!
    I've never been anywhere that accepts bi people, and that's all I'm looking for :slight_smile:

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Indeed, so it is, that the Darkness seems black when the clouds are aloft.

You seem to have quite a shaky social-LGBT+ background. Don't worry about any of that rubbish here though! In fact, just throw those assumptions on the garbage pile, it feels better!

Welcome to EC; it's brilliant to have you here! :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

see ya around <3

5. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! ^^

6. Sevan

Welcome to EC! Everyone here is accepting of everyone in regards to their sexual orientation and gender identity, so you don't need to worry about someone being cruel to you because of your sexuality.

Anyway, I'm Sev, and I get what you mean about people not being keen to accept the in-betweens. As a grey area of asexuality, I get that a lot too. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to drop a message on my wall.

7. confuseddreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi... Great having you here. I'm in a similar stuation to you in being bi. I've only recently come out to myself, and a few very close friends - but in reality, I think I've probably known most of my life.
    Like you... Yes I have a girlfriend - indeed, I'm married to her, no I'm not straight and no I don't "prefer" women.
    Don't be scared about having gay friends. I have loads of gay friends, and quite possibly, nearly as many as straight friends.
    Certainly on here, no-one is judgemental and you are among friends. You will be accepted for who you are, and this is somewhere, you are very, very welcome.
    Like Sevan... (Hi Sevan (!) ), if you need someone to talk to, feel free to drop a message on my wall. It'd be great to hear from you.

8. lovely lesbian

9. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome! EC is a support forum for people who identify as LGBTQ (notice how I highlighted support and the letter B). :slight_smile: You should find people accepting and tolerant here. In the event that you do encounter any problems you are encouraged to report offending posts to the moderators so action can be taken. We want this to be a welcoming community.

I hope you will join in and find your time here useful and enjoyable.

10. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  11. PeachPenumbra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That made me really happy thanks! Garbage it is!

---------- Post added 22nd May 2015 at 11:02 AM ----------

Thanks for all the messages, I never expected people to be so nice :3

12. penta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well welcome here at ec,
    Better get used to the nice accepting people, there are a lot of them here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

greetings

13. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Hello and welcome to Ec :slight_smile:
    First of all I should tell you that a lot of people feel badly about the B in the LGBT and often question them, which is probably frustrating, I'm gay and I mean I do believe a person can like people of both genders, and I'm not dumb enough to think that all bisexual people date two people at a time. But I guess my point is that not all LGT people dislike the B people haha I hope that wasn't really hard to understand :lol: but now back to welcoming you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I hope you like it here and that you're able to meet people who are in a similar situation as you which trust me, won't be hard haha
    Best of luck and if you ever need a friend don't hesitate to contact me :slight_smile:

P.s & edit:
    I WROTE THE WHOLE LONG THING AND HALF WAY THROUGH IT FORGOT MY POINT! haha WELL MY POINT WAS THAT THE PEOPLE HERE ARE INCREDIBLE AND SURELY WILL NOT MISTREAT YOU! SO FEEL CONFIDENT HERE AS IT IS A SAFE ENVIRONMENT

#13 C06122014, May 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015
  14. PeachPenumbra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LMAO!

I'd pretty much only experienced acceptance from straight people until like last week.

But I met a girl the other night, we talked for ever and shes like the wiki of all things gay, and she said there is bi hate but not so much I should be worried. I guess I just got unlucky with the places I went to in my teens.