1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to... Well... Everything

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by ofnewkeyworks, May 18, 2015.

1. ofnewkeyworks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi all,

I'm new here, obviously.

Over the last several days, it finally hit me that I don't identify as male, and haven't for a while, to the tune of never. Upon a lot of introspection, it occurred to me that I might be trans.

I'm still not sure, and I'm mildly freaking out, but I think of myself as a woman, and the more research I do, the more I realize that I see myself in a feminine lens, and the thoughts I have of living full-time as a woman fill me with a sense of joy and happiness and feeling just plain right. I am going to start seeing a gender therapist as soon as I am able to do so.

I am incredibly nervous over what this all might mean for me, but I feel happier acknowledging that I might not actually be a man after all than I have in quite some time. I've been looking into the forums a lot over the last few days, and I'm starting to feel at home!

I look forward to chatting with you all!

-G (for now)

2. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Hello there, G! :slight_smile: Welcome to EC~ I hope your experience here is both safe and enjoyable. I also wish you the best on your gender journey. It's going to be a rough road ahead but one tip I think that might help you (as it did for me) as you continue your research is to always be open to any info you gather/learn and allow yourself a substantial amount of time to let it sink in before progressing. :3 I found that key and I didn't get as overwhelmed by everything.

If you ever have any questions, feel free to post it up in the appropriate forums or better yet, reach out to a trusted EC member. Anyone here will be either happy to answer your Q or share a similar experience.

All the best & take care!,
    -MvH.

3. lovely lesbian

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. confuseddreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi... First of all, he's giving you massive hugs. Welcome to your gender journey, and welcome here, to EC, where everyone is great.
    Mindvsheart is spot on there. It is going to be a rough road ahead, and there are times when you will be frightened and uncertain, but also happy. Do definitely research the matter and always be open to any info you find and allow yourself plentyof time to let it sink in before committing yourself. You are bound to be nervous, it is a huge step. My father, after splitting from my mother and "disappearing" for a few years, we found to be trans and is now a woman.
    As Mindvsheart says, if you've ever any questions, do feel free to post it up in the appropriate forums or better yet, reach out to a trusted EC member. Everyone is smashing, and I'd be happy to chat with you anytime.

6. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  7. ofnewkeyworks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you! I'm trying to let it all sink in, and I was referred to EC by someone on tumblr. This place seems like a good resource, and I'm sure I'll keep finding all sorts of great information and people to talk to. :slight_smile:

Hi!

Hey there!

Thanks for the lovely note, confuseddreamer! I know that it will be a long, arduous journey, but I'm excited, and so thankful that I have resources like EC available to me!

So... Many... Resources...

8. NotQuiteOut

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi! Welcome to EC!