1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello! Hola! Bonjor! Ni Hao!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by ForeverLost, May 19, 2015.

1. ForeverLost

My name is Kai and honestly, it's a bit weird being able to be myself here when I'm not to the rest of the world...

Anyways, I love music (most music EXCEPT COUNTRY), video production and editing (I love YouTube and YouTubers. I hope to one day put my story on there), books (I usually read on Wattpad.com online), jokes, one liners :icon_wink, food, and LGBT related things.

What I hate is being defined. People put labels on others (jock, nerd, emo etc) but what if someone doesn't fit into any group? (LIKE DIVERGENT!) I hate gender expectations and hate LGBT people get for being courageous and real. I mean, people came to America to have freedom, mostly religious freedom. So why is religion holding us back from making homosexual marriage legal?

I am taking an online Spanish course so I don't have to do a foreign language in high school and talk in front of people :icon_redf.
    I'm out to my three closest best friends. I accept who I am but my parents might not... But I did promise myself that I would come out to my family by the end of 2016.

Anyways, I am very excited to be here and I hope I can make some new friends. (!)

2. Hizaki

Hello, Kai! I love your name! Welcome to EC, and I'm sure you'll make lots of friends. Don't be afraid to message me, message someone else, or start a thread if you want to talk about something specific, okay? ^.^

I understand your fear of speaking in Spanish; I used to be that way in French (I live somewhere that we have to learn it), but if you try to get a fresh perspective it doesn't seem so bad! Honestly! Anyways, see you!

And if there's one thing I've learned, don't beat yourself up if you miss your deadline for coming out to someone. Just make a new one :grin:

3. ForeverLost

4. Sevan

Hey, Kai! I'm Sev, and welcome to EC!

While I get that some people don't fit quite perfectly into labels (such as my own gender being a little.. confusing) labels do make other people who don't understand more comfortable (such as your parents!) So while it's good to not NEED a label, sometimes having one is easier when doing scary things like coming out :wink:
    I also have a love of YouTubers (some of my favorites being Tyler Oakley and Markiplier) and reading, though I don't frequent Wattpad as much as I used to. Anyway, hope you find some good friends on here, and if you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to drop a message on my wall.

5. ForeverLost

Thank you! I do understand what you're saying, what I meant was, the bad labels I hate.

6. Sevan

Absolutely. Luckily, we're not fond of those here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. ForeverLost

8. gman777

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey Kai ! welcome to EC!

9. ForeverLost

10. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  11. ThatGuyT

ThatGuyT Guest

Ni Hao :roflmao: and welcome to EC. I've always wanted to learn chinese but haven't taken the time to do so yet. Spanish is probably fun. I really like that you set yourself the goal of coming out to your family by the end of 2016. I haven't read anywhere of someone trying a similar approach of seting a date by which they would like to be out to someone. I might even try this myself. Goals are always a good thing to have. :thumbsup:
    I've only recently become more interested in youtube after finding loads of LGBT youtubers. Their videos have definitely made me more accepting of my sexuality....I've even started feeling proud after whatching some of them which I haven't felt a lot until now. It's really great how much some youtubers have achieved with their channels. :eusa_clap anyways....welcome to EC. I hope you have a great time here. :thumbsup:

12. ForeverLost

Hi!

---------- Post added 20th May 2015 at 05:55 PM ----------

Thank you!