1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Says Hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by randomconnorcon, May 29, 2015.

1. randomconnorcon

Hi everyone.

So a little about me, some of which you already know if you've seen the couple of posts I've already made. I'm Nathan, I'm genderfluid, panromantic and asexual. A bit of a mouthful, I know, so I generally just say I'm an ace guy.

I came out to my parents and a couple of other family members as pan and ace a couple of weeks ago, which was a huge step for me because I can't stand talking to people about myself. I barely do it online unless I've become friends with them, but I have to take steps to be friends so this is also big for me. Anyway, none of them were really fussed, except my nan, who keeps saying stuff like she's confused and I'll change when I meet someone. But she's freely admitted to being a horrible person, which I've known for a long time, so I don't listen to her anyway. I have my parents for this section of my life, that'll do. They're just happy I finally came out (they were convinced I was lesbian).

I'm only out to a handful of friends as genderfluid, all of whom are supportive. Half of them are also queer, so that helped with talking about myself. I'm AFAB, but my gender is rarely female, usually male/demiguy and agender, but every so often female/androgynous. But it's hard to pass as male, which sucks, but I'm working on it and even if I don't come out people won't be surprised because I haven't dressed like a 'girl' expect for special occasions I've been told to, since my mum hasn't picked out my clothes as a small child.

I'm from England, I'm a writer, I'm a huge Harry Potter nerd, I have four dogs, I have five siblings and I'm often mistaken for a 15 year old girl in real life (a ten year old boy online), but I'm actually 21.

I found this site on Google after looking for forums and I'm very glad to be here.

Nathan.

#1 randomconnorcon, May 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
  2. star trek

Hello, Welcome to EC, Nathan!

3. confuseddreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey Nathan... We're all glad to have you here too. Welcome to EC. You mustn't not like talking and telling us about yourself, and you come across as an ace guy and it's great meeting you.
    It is a huge step, and congratulations to you for taking that step.
    It's good people are supportive towards you - and everyone here will be too. Your gender is rarely female you say, usually male/demiguy and agender, but every so often female/androgynous. That's fine. You will soon be comfortable with yourself, and will discover more about yourself.
    Everyone here is brilliant, but I'm going to send you a friend request. Please do message me in my wall anything if you'd like to chat, would like to discuss anything, or are feeling unsure.

4. Justinian20

Hullo Nathan welcome to EC. We all are friendly people. So Heyyy.

5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  6. Theo Weiss

Welcome to this wonderful community Nathan :smilewave

7. randomconnorcon

Thank you for the welcomes, everyone. :grin: