1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depressed FTM transguy

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Henry Oliver, May 29, 2015.

1. Henry Oliver

Henry Oliver Guest

Hi. I just created this account because I need someone to talk to. I'm going through a lot right now and I am really depressed and don't know what to do. If any of you would like to talk, I would be grateful. I'm just really tired and don't think I have much time left, so...

Thanks.

2. Sevan

Hi! I'm Sev, and I understand that it's a bit hard to contend with depression. People on this site are very kind and quite welcoming, it's a very warm and friendly environment with endless support. If you need someone to talk to, you can feel free to drop a message on my wall whenever you want, I'm more than happy to listen and try to help you out.

I hope things get better! Welcome to EC, in the meantime :slight_smile:

3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are not alone, brother.

I know you probably hear this all the time, but I can relate to what you're feeling. I've felt so depressed and alone many times - verging on suicidal. Please take whatever comfort you can with this forum, as it has helped me. Even though there are many issues I am simply not able to discuss in "real life," EC has given me a place to feel like I belong somewhere.

I would be more than happy to speak with you, Henry. Feel free to message me as you like.

-Rhys-

4. Acm

Acm Guest

I'm a trans guy and I have problems with depression too, you can talk to me if you'd like.

5. jazzcourse

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Depression is not you Henry!!!!!

When you say "I am tired."

It is not you. You are tired because of this huge struggle. You are awesome for facing it. It is a struggle because of the world, not because of you.

As someone who has struggled with depression/suicidal impulses my whole life (even this week), the thing that saves me is remembering it is not me. The depression is not either of us. The tiredness is not us.

Let's fight the world and not ourselves. I know you can. Fuck this tiredness and the reasons it exists. You've got to be here. Even just reading your words made me want to fight harder for myself and for you, too.

6. lovely lesbian

7. Froot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey man. I'm diagnosed with multiple mental stuff (mood disorders) and am trans so I definitely know where you're coming from.

If you ever wanna chat or something, I'm always available!

8. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

9. HugasaurusRex

Hai hun! And welcome to EC. We are all here if you need to chat.

10. ColumbiaSCBi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    With all due respect to jazzcourse, I don't think blaming the world is going to help. I've had people suggest I just say, "fuck the depression and its cause, and move on." Would that it were that easy. I can't say that I understand your plight. My depression stemmed from an alcoholic, abusive father. But I know depression all too well. What I've learned is that while the causes are not ours, the depression is. The best thing you can do (IMHO) is accept that it's yours. Getting therapy, whether professional or through sites like this, is vital. Your major enemies are helplessness and feeling alone in the fight. For me, joining an ACOA group (Adult Children Of Alcoholics) was a life changer. It didn't take away the depression, but I no longer felt helpless and I no longer felt alone. After that I learned how to manage my depression. I now recognize when I'm in a depressed state, and knowing that, I know I can hunker down and ride it out. It has its advantage too. When you are in a good place, you appreciate it so much more, and you'll have a new found desire to take advantage of that time.

I wish you peace, love and happiness!

g

11. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  12. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC :smilewave

When you say that you are depressed, have you been diagnosed with clinical depression or do you mean the colloquial form of depressed (mild, temporary episodes of sadness). If you think you have clinical depression, you may want to find a mental health provider and have them evaluate you. Clinical depression is a serious medical condition that can be treated effectively.

13. jackieboie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, I agree that depression is not the person it's a section of life that one has to battle through at times. I had never been depressed until about 10 yrs ago. I suffered through 6 years of depression & Zoloft. I am glad to say I survived. Talking to people who are outside your circle & unbiased can really help. I'm glad you've reached out. BTW I really love your name for some reason.