1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another newbie..

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Comhionannas, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Comhionannas

Hi all in the E.C Community.

This is my first time ever using any resources online or otherwise for people in a similar position to myself. I am 35 years of age, have never been in any type of relationship and have only recently started to truly accept who I am. Although I have told my mom and sisters that I am gay a year or so ago I feel as though I went straight back into the closet as soon as they knew.This may be because I was angry with myself for not having the courage sooner and the fear of the unknown e.g will I be able to fit in with the gay community, how will I handle relationships with other gay people romantic or otherwise, can someone my age even learn (I know people say you are never too old but...). It feels as if the best years of my life are gone and I have nothing to show for it except 20 or so years of loneliness and pain.

Please forgive me for seeming so down. I am fully aware that this step (coming to this site) is really important for me to open up and hopefully blossom into the man I know I can be but it is going to take a lot of work and I do not think I can do it alone. I have been here for a few hours now and really like what I have seen so far . anyway I guess that's it for my intro its a bit "all over the place" but that is fine so am I at the moment. Please feel free to have a chat I would really, really like that.

Slán

2. nohalos

Hey! Welcome to EC! We'd be glad to help you out on whatever you need in finding yourself, knowing more about yourself.... We're pretty much a huge family, really. We love to help each other out!

See you around!

3. Camel

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello and welcome. This is a good place to be.

As well as saying 'you are never too old', they (who are they?) also say 'better late than never', so jump in and get on with it!

4. Comhionannas

Thank you so much for the welcome. I guess I meant the proverbial they (if that is the correct usage) anyway thanks again guys. I know it is only a little welcome but your kind words have made me feel so good. "Go raibh míle maith agat"

5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  6. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC. All of the questions you are asking yourself are totally normal, I assure you. Guess who else asked himself the very same questions? ME!

You may be coming out later than some members of this forum, but you are also coming out sooner than some. In any case, it's not a race. Coming out is something we do at our own pace.

Hopefully you have had a good look around and realised what we're all about. EC is a safe, supportive community where you can ask questions and get advice. I hope that reassures you and will help you as you continue your coming out journey. If you are unsure about anything feel free to send me a message.

- Patrick