1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heyaa :) I'm coming out to y'all :D

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Chillypenguin95, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Chillypenguin95

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi everyone :smilewave
    I'm Cherry, I'm 20, new here, and I'm from Sunny England (lol).
    I guess this is kind of scary for me, as it's the first time I'm saying it 'out loud' and truly meaning it I suppose.

But I'm bi-sexual

(ooh that was liberating, I may have to try it again)...

I AM BISEXUAL :eusa_danc

When I was 14/15 I think I first realised I might be a tad bi, I actually came out to my parents, but they were convinced it was a phase, and I guess they convinced me it was a phase too, because I went to an all girl school sort of thing.
    I'd always looked at both guys and girls with a somewhat sexual and romantic interest, but I thought it was cheeky puberty messing with me. So I pushed it to the back of my mind. :bang:
    I think it finally hit me last Saturday though, I went out to the clubs with my friend (girl), I have to be honest, I got a little bit drunk (I totally do not advocate this, it's a terrible decision):icon_redf... and I kissed some guys, and then I kissed my friend :icon_redf (I was actually her first kiss, so feeling privileged there) and it was amazing, not so much the kiss, as the light-bulb moment, I guess I'd been looking at her 'like that' for some time, but just thought it was uber-friend-love (we're really close), and born out of my guy-fear...

The next day, with a banging head, my friends were teasing me about being gay or bi (they're totally pro-lgbt, I guess we just have a wicked sense of humour, which usually gets us into trouble), but actually, I sat and thought about it, and I've spent the whole week thinking about it, all the time, dreaming about it. And it feels so right.
    While I know nothing will happen between me and my straight (possibly a-sexual) friend, I am so comforted and feel so happy in realising that pushing down this 'phase' was totally the wrong thing.

I'm a bit emotional and all over the place to be honest, it's sort of a relief from not hiding from myself... :eusa_doh:

Now the tricky bit of coming out haha... I have tried with my friends, but I know my family will never truly accept it, so I can't be bothered to even start there, esp to my best friend (diff person) is she is bi, as are two other close guy friends, but I don't think they're taking it very seriously, I'm always that laughy-jokey bubbly chatterbox person, so it's fair that they don't really believe me, and I've been more hinting at it than anything. I told one of my friends that I *might* be, but he just suggested something sexually inappropriate rather than supporting me which hurt to be honest. :***::***::***:

So I'm taking some time, to be okay with my "new"? self before I tell the world :slight_smile:
    (even though, I kind of want everyone to know right now, which is why I'm here haha)

Anyways, just thought I'd say HIIIII, and get that off my chest haha... :roflmao:

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, it sounds like you've been through a lot of revelations recently! :slight_smile: Welcome to the forum - feel free to take a look around, and join in on the discussions.

3. Chillypenguin95

Out Status:
    A few people
    That's an understatement, but I'm so happy about it :grin:
    Thanks for the welcome, I shall :slight_smile:

4. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! ^.^

5. Comhionannas

Hi there chillypenguin95 Welcome to EC.

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  7. Chillypenguin95

Out Status:
    A few people
    Aww! Cheers my lovely chickens, so nice to be welcomed :grin:
    And thanks for reading my essay :wink: haha xx

8. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello and welcome from another chatterbox! Glad you got all that off your chest, sounds like a giant stride.

It's been about as sunny here as I imagine England to be. Is it really always foggy? Joking, but I picture it that way.

Always wanted to see the place...am a huge fan of 20th century British fiction, especially around the turn of the century: Thomas Hardy, D.H. Lawrence, W. Somerset Maugham, Mary Webb, P.G. Wodehouse, John Cowper Powys, Sake (H.H. Munroe). So I have all these images, mostly Edwardian, give or take!

Well, nice to have you along,

~H.Pup

9. Chillypenguin95

Out Status:
    A few people
    It's pretty diverse, but if it's sunny 90% of the population will be lobster red the next day, right now I can't see the weather as it's almost 4am :wink:

I can't say I really read much pre-war fiction, but I'm glad we turned out the good stuff :wink:

thankies

Cherry x

10. lovely lesbian

11. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Heeey you welcome to EC :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: :kiss:
    I luv ur happy-go-lucky spirit :eusa_danc

I'll send a friend request over :slight_smile:

Hope you're having a great day! Cheeeerz! <3
    Xoxo

12. PhoenixOfAshes

Heyy! Welcome to EC! I'm Cade, I'm new here too, and I came out to the website before I came out to anyone else. Sounds like you got a lot off your chest haha! It's nice to see someone else coming out on here. Feel free to add me or send me a message if you want a friend :thumbsup:

13. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC Cherry. That was a nice intro and we now know a little bit about the journey you are on. Don't worry, because many people join EC for the same reasons and the rest of us have been there and stick around to offer our bit of wisdom. :slight_smile: Hope you will ask for help, if you need it and join in some of our conversations, if you feel like it. :slight_smile:

14. Chillypenguin95

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm so glad I found this place, everyone seems to lovely :slight_smile: it's so freeing to have somewhere where I can actually be myself x

15. Quiet lion

Quiet lion Guest

Hi! Nice to meet you!