1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hia!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by PhoenixOfAshes, Jun 7, 2015.

1. PhoenixOfAshes

Hello! My name is Cade! I uh... I've never said it before, I mean ever. Not even to the mirror, never even typed it out on the computer. The furthest it's gotten is my thoughts but I uh...
    I'm transgender. :icon_redf
    Wow... okay now that it's out there. Yeah... I'm FtM.:smilewave
    For the longest time I was only able to think I might be just a very masculine gender-fluid fairy -

(Fairies are girls, Elves are guys and Wizards are everything in between... sounds childish but I think people are magical, which is why I refer to everyone as some kind of magical being. Plus it really takes the stigma out of "if you're a guy you have to be this way/if you're a girl you have to be this way" because Elves can be powerful and masculine, but also graceful and gentle. And Fairies can be sweet and loving, but they can also take down anything that steps in their way. And Wizards are amazing but not restricted to ANY gender norms or anything, like you can't really tell what's under that cloak, and they never let anything stop them... anyways I'll stop going on about this)

Because I was scared, but then I couldn't take it anymore, I've always felt some kind of disphoria about my body but I just pushed it aside and ignored it. A part of me knew I didn't fit into gender fluid, but I thought if I identified as that, I could just sit my masculine side in the corner and act very feminine while it was still there....
    Yeah that didn't work out. Some days I'm okay with what I got, other days it's like this thing eating away at me and I don't want to go anywhere or talk to anyone.

I didn't really feel comfortable admitting it to myself until today though. I always felt afraid that so many things would change the moment I said it out loud (which I still haven't done) or even thinking about it.
    I went clothes shopping with my guardian today and I'm not a small person, so I generally shop in plus sizes, except all the plus size things in the store I was in were way too big on me by several sizes, (Generic stores don't know how to stock plus sizes properly) so my guardian let me shop in the men's section until I could get more money to go buy new things. I don't think I was ever so happy... I instantly found things I liked instead of thinking it through a million times over about how much I really didn't want to wear it and I felt so in place. I never realized how something as little as clothes shopping could make someone so happy, but I always dreaded clothes shopping and today, I was happy. That wasn't some girl staring back at me in the mirror today, it was me and I was finally able to admit to myself, just as a thought, that I'm transgender.

I've kind of known for a long time, since before I was 9 (I had no idea that transgender even existed until about 2 years ago though) ... but this is the first time I've ever been able to write it out. :grin:
    I came out as a Lesbian to everyone, since they all saw me as a girl. I'm not going to bother putting a label on my orientation anymore. Yes, I'm attracted to fairies, but I'm young, so a lot could change as I get older, or nothing could change at all. I'm just going to go with the flow, and whoever I end up, will be whoever I end up with.

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Congratulations on being able to admit that to yourself! That takes a lot of bravery and that's fantastic! :slight_smile: Welcome to EC! Everyone here is super supportive and you'll love it! Also, you seem like a very positive, energetic person and that's awesome!<3

3. confuseddreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey Cade.... Brilliant to have you here. Welcome. As Bubbles123 says, everyone here is super supportive and you'll love it! I've been so touched by how supporting and kind everyone's been to me. You do indeed seem like a very positive, energetic person and that is awesome. I'm in the UK, but have been to Canada - and Toronto. It's a fantastic place. I've been on that glass floor up the CN Tower... Yikes!!! :jawdrop:
    I'm bi, but am thinking myself now I might be just a very masculine gender-fluid. It's not that long ago, I came out to myself as bi, after years of kidding myself. Now this...
    Believe me, you are being very brave. It's fantastic that you are becoming happy and accepting of yourself. We can change as we get older, or as you say, nothing could change at all. Whatever, you are an amazing person, and I'm going to send you a friend request, if that is alright,

4. PhoenixOfAshes

Thank you! I'm excited to be here. It's kind of addicting to be honest. I can't seem to get offline without instantly wanting to come back on!
    Confuseddreamer; I'm too scared to go in the CN tower, but the outside makes for really nice photos, Haha! I also really love your signature, and I accepted your request :3

5. confuseddreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks Cade... I'm so happy that we're friends. EC is very addictive isn't it? Everyone's great. I'm on most weekdays, not so much at the weekends.
    Do go up the CN Tower if you can, it's well worth it.
    The strange thing is, I am terrified of heights - but only if it's open. If it's closed in, I'm fine, and it is up there. On the viewing gallery, there is wire fencing. The view is amazing. As for the glass floor, I couldn't resist it, but I did go all jellified on it, but wow! :thumbsup:

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  7. Comhionannas

8. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there, and welcome! I like your perspective of seeing people as magical beings...very cool. Huh, I wonder what I'd be?

Well, hope you have a lot of fun, and find a lot of support here, it's a very welcoming place.