1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi Im new! :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by QuietFishy, Jun 10, 2015.

1. QuietFishy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi I am QuietFishey I am actually kinda quiet and very shy in real life and I am also a 15 year old gay teen looking for people that understand me.

I first kinda started understanding that I was gay around 7th grade or about 12-13 years old but I rejected it and hated myself for about a year or so and finally after watching endless hours of coming out videos and just thinking all night about being gay I slowly learned to accept it.
    about the middle of 8th grade I told people at my gym ( I did gymnastics at the time and I was like 1 of 3 gay people out of like 80 boys) and I regret that decision to this day. They made fun of me and kinda separated me from the group. I was left alone just working out with other people talking about me behind their back. They still make jokes about me to this day even though I quit gymnastics a few months ago. They are the people that pushed me out of the sport I loved doing and turned into something I dreaded going to every day of the week. 20 hrs a week of people making jokes about you is not only tiring but lowered my self esteem. But without them I would not be the strong person I am today and have learned to just ignore those comments. That is kinda my coming out story so far Im still coming out I am no where near fully out but slowly getting there.

A few random things about me is that I love Taking photos I love photography and my profile picture is actually a picture I took in my favorite vacation place(Florida). I just turned 15 a few days ago so (!). and I love dogs I foster dogs and work with rescue group to get good dogs into good homes.

So anyways Hi! :smilewave

2. Camel

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there. I am sorry to hear that people in your gymnastics group were so mean to you. You are better off without them, I guess, but it is wrong that you got pushed out of doing something you loved doing. Anyway, people here are friendly. Welcome, and enjoy yourself here.

3. confuseddreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi QuietFishy.... Welcome to EC. It's good to have you here. I am so sorry, and am sad to hear about you with your gymnastics. You were doing something you enjoyed, and excelled at, and were pushed out. I bet you felt heartbroken. I feel heartbroken for you. It isn't easy accepting yourself as gay, and you have been incredibly brave. I have only recently accepted myself as bi after a long time kidding myself. It takes time, and you will feel more comfortable in yourself soon. You must never ever hate yourself. You are an amazing person. These people who make jokes about you, are simply blikered.
    You have come here, where everyone will help, encourage and reassure you. It is brilliant you are here. My self-confidence and self-esteem was roack bottom not that long ago. Being here, it's improving in leaps and bounds.
    Happy belated birthday by the way. You do a wonderful thing helping with dogs and fostering them. I like photography too actually.
    Message me anytime if you'd like to chat about anything or need advice.

4. Creator

Hello there! Welcome to EC!
    I am sorry to hear about your bad time with your gymnastics. I'm sure you'll find some new friends on here, I certainly did!

Kind regards,
    Creator.

5. Quiet lion

Quiet lion Guest

Hi fellow quiet animal. I am sorry about what you went through, but fuck them. They made you stronger and in the future you will not have to deal with people like that. Welcome ^_^

6. ApexxShadow

Welcome to EC friend :slight_smile:

7. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  8. GypsyButterfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, Fishy. I believe that those who make hurtful comments don't like or respect themselves much. If they did, it would be easier to treat others with kindness & acceptance. Unfortunately, some people follow the crowd & agree with them or don't say anything, just to get along. You'll meet people in your life who will appreciate all of you. Those will be your true friends. That's great about fostering & rescuing dogs. I love all animals, but, have a special affinity for kitties.