1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New from Canada

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by AlexAxby, Jun 13, 2015.

1. AlexAxby

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hi everyone. I just recently found out that there is a term for how I've felt my whole life - genderqueer. I had no idea there were so many people who also felt that way.
    I always knew I wasn't like other girls, even when I was only about 5 years old. I preferred playing with my brother's Tonka trucks in the mud to playing with dolls. (I did play with dolls, but I played with my brother's trucks, Hotwheels cars and He-man action figures more). I was never interested in the games the girls wanted to play, so I ended up playing with my brother and his friends most of the time. I only had one female friend as a kid, and until the last year of high school, I mostly had male friends.
    Sometimes I feel neutral, sometimes I feel slightly feminine, sometimes I feel slightly masculine. But now I'm wondering how much of my female identity was forced on me by society, and how much is really me.

2. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC :slight_smile: I hope you're able to enjoy your time here and find answers to your questions n_n

3. ApexxShadow

Welcome to EC friend :3

4. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

I'm also new from Canada. I identify mostly with straights, but self identify as bi because I am predominantly sexually attracted to men but mainly emotionally attracted to women.
    It's not a problem or struggle for me. I'm content with who I am. I have gay friends who have suffered greatly, especially in Christian circles. One reason I joined is to give people from conservative Christian backgrounds hope that beliefs on this issue are shifting in the Church. I'm also here to learn... for example, from the transgender folks who I know very little about. I'm trying to be a bridge type of person between the left and right evangelical Christian sides.

5. AlexAxby

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thanks for the welcome everyone :slight_smile:

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people