1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I already love you guys!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by mmmelody, Jun 28, 2015.

1. mmmelody

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi all,

I'm Melody! I'm 19, currently summering in the suburbs of Philadelphia where I was born and raised. I go to college in NYC and like to think I'm a New Yorker. I've always been a city girl, even when I was growing up in the middle of the woods, and I'm so happy to be going to school there.

I'm a cis girl, and I'm super feminine and proud of it. I love all things Disney, animals, nature, fashion, makeup, and YA literature. My feminism is also a huge part of my life.

I can speak conversational Japanese and read & write in all three alphabets. This is kind of a random fact about me, and I rarely find people to converse with in Japanese, but it's a part of me that I love.

I'm an Acting major at school, thinking of adding on some vocal and dance studies. Singing and acting are my callings in life and I can't see myself doing anything else. I also love writing and reading, listening to and sometimes composing music. And rushing Broadway shows whenever I possibly can - I've seen several this past year (Hedwig and the Angry Inch was my most recent and is my new obsession).

I joined this forum because I've recently come to terms with the fact that I'm not as straight as I thought. I think I'm attracted to men a slight majority of the time, but I can definitely be attracted to women and people of other genders. It's taken me a long time to accept it - I've considered the possibility that I wasn't straight, but since I don't think I'm completely bi I always thought it just meant I was heterosexual. Since then I've realized that you can fall somewhere on a spectrum rather than being strictly one way or another, and ever since I came out to my younger sister I've felt a sense of peace unlike anything I've ever known.

I'm not sure what to do with this information yet, or what label I fall under. (I know I don't have to label myself, but I personally would feel more comfortable with one, though I respect others' decisions not to label themselves.)

Anyway, I love you all, and happy Pride. #LoveWIns. (!)

2. Ardi

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, Melody! Welcome to EC! :slight_smile: You'll love it here, everyone is so accepting and overall are kind and willing to help out. You seem like you keep yourself busy with all the things you do! I actually always wanted to learn Japanese but it seems so difficult and I worry that I won't be dedicated enough.

It's very possible that you are bisexual, but you just have a preference towards one side, that is perfectly fine and there's nothing wrong with that at all, you can still classify as bisexual. However, may I ask what you meant by: "people of other genders"?

Anyways, welcome to EC, again! :slight_smile:

3. mmmelody

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi Ardi! Thanks so much :slight_smile: Japanese actually isn't as difficult as it seems, and it's a gorgeous language. The only hard part is the Kanji alphabet but the Hiragana and Katakana alphabets are easy enough. You should try it!

By "people of other genders" I meant people outside the gender binary, of other gender identities not male or female. Sorry if that's an incorrect term - I will quickly amend my vocabulary. Maybe I should have said "gender identities." But thank you for pointing it out! (*hug*)

4. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :welcome: Hello and welcome, Melody!

5. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC!!!!

6. Ardi

Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay then, I will definitely give it a shot! :slight_smile: Thanks for the advice hehe. May I ask how long you've been learning Japanese?

Oh it's no problem at all! I was just curious, that's all, I don't think you were being offensive, nor do I think it's incorrect, but I could be wrong. Oh and if that's the case, then I definitely think you could be pansexual, which is awesome because that means you love everyone! Hehe, a sweet thought, isn't it?

Anyways I hope you don't mind if I shoot you a friend request, you seem like an awesome person and I definitely would love to keep in touch with you. :slight_smile:

7. mmmelody

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks! You seem like a really cool person too! Friend request accepted :slight_smile:

I just finished my language requirement at college this year, but I've been studying Japanese formally for 5 years. I definitely want to keep up with it though! Good luck with studying it yourself! Ganbarekudasai (do your best)!

8. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC melody~
    You seem like a really talented and friendly person here. It's very interesting, I've never met someone who is as creative, it's something I'm really into and I think you're awesome. I've actually always wanted to learn Japanese. It's a very beautiful language. My desire to learn it first stemmed from anime, but it's so nice to listen to Japanese. I'm also really into music and almost everything I listen to is in Japanese.. I've never known where to start learning it as my high school doesn't offer Japanese. Learning by myself, I don't know where to start.
    Anyway, I hope you enjoy being here and you'll find many of the people are really nice. You also seem very confident and creative and it's kind of refreshing to see an introduction like that.
    And, if you want help on labels, you could post a thread on sexual and romantic orientation and describe what you've felt for all of the genders, and maybe we could try to help out.
    The fact that you said you don't feel bi and mentioned other gender identities, sounds like you could possibly be pan sexual. The way I define it is that you're attracted to all genders, so you would be with someone of any gender. There's also polysexual, being attracted to most but not all genders. There are so many labels and if you're new to the LGBT community then it can be confusing. We're all here to help though.
    :slight_smile:

9. mmmelody

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks so much loveislove01! You seem really cool too! :slight_smile: I already feel welcome!

10. ApexxShadow

Hey there! Welcome to EC, feel free to message me at any time :slight_smile:

11. MissMonster

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Awesome! I hope you have a lot of fun, and get all the support you need. Welcomento EC!

12. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Hello and welcome to Ec! :slight_smile:
    I hope you have fun, the people here are lovely! so you're bound to make new friends, the people here are incredibly supportive.
    Best of luck and if you ever need a friend don't hesitate to contact me :slight_smile:

13. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  14. lovely lesbian

15. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation: