1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey y'all!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by SportsCrazy54, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Hi, everybody! Name's Amanda. This online thing's taking some getting used to, but I'm still glad to be here. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Realized I'm gay bout 2 and a half months ago. My biggest struggles now are coming out to my family, who is NOT gonna like it, and reconciling my sexuality with the religious faith I grew up with. Any experiences with either of the above?

Thanks in advance for the support! :slight_smile:

2. MetalRice

Hi! welcome to EC.

As for experiences, I am a devout Christian and that was something that led me to struggling with the fact that I liked men in addition to women for the longest time, but I eventually realized that I was like this because god made me that way and loved me for who I am; and that is what helped me get past the hurdle.

3. jewell

I'm not religious at all and cant relate to much to you but still i'm happy to have you here and hope you have fun. :slight_smile: i'm new too so welcome from one noob to another.

4. Jacko

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey! Welcome to EC. I,l ike you, was raised in a religous household and I still actively practice my faith even though im gay. I think if you really want to come out you should try your hardest to let you parents understand that you didn't choose to be a lesbian and that God made u the way you are. You should tell them that the bible teaches us to love and accept everyone. And that if they can't accept you because of their religous beliefs then they're being hypocrits Because they're choosing which parts of the bible they want to listen to. I can tell you that nowhere in the bible does it say to judge. Remind your parents of this and that you did not choose this and most of all remind them that you love them very much and that you couldn't hide the truth from them anymore but you won't apologize for the person you were born to be. God loves you! Your parents love you! And everything is going to be okay! Good luck with everything. i hope I could help.

5. GypsyButterfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello & welcome, Amanda. I'm guessing you're still with that religion? I left, the one I was raised with, 19 years ago. It was far too restrictive & some of their beliefs were a little too illogical. I embraced another faith a few years ago. I'd rather be part of something which accepts me for me & not what they think I should be. Hope you enjoy your time here & make many new friends.

6. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  7. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual