1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hey guys

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by frankiecosmos, Jun 30, 2015.

1. frankiecosmos

hi!! I'm new here, clearly -- I'm pansexual and mostly female... i think. kind of exploring my role in gender. I'm probably going to make another post soon about how to look androgynous haha. :confused:

In exploring, I'm also kind of trying to accept myself exactly as I am. Being something like pansexual kind of scares me because of the major negative stigma (similar to bisexuality) and that many people don't know pansexuality is a thing so I kind of struggle with feeling secure even in its existence and my use of the term to describe myself... Also I'm not sure if it's just my personality but I hate coming out not for the shame or anything, I'm surrounded by liberals, but because I feel that it is an important part of my identity that they need to know to understand me fully -- yet I never find a good place to say it. It just sounds weird to say out of the blue and since I'm attracted to guys as well as girls, there's no really subtle way to slip it into a conversation while talking about attraction to people. Hence, while my best friends and family do, some of my close friends don't even know I'm queer at all and I've only defined myself as pansexual to my sister. I guess in joining this site I'm trying to find more pride in myself and the LGBTQ+ community and find my place in it.

Well, that was rambling. Sorry about that. How are you all doing?

2. Jacko

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi! Welcome to EC. I just recently joined but already it has helped me a ton. I hope it does the same for you. Good luck with everything!

3. jewell

hey frankie that does sound pretty I would play off that and bake a cake that says something on it that would be fun you could just ask if they want a slice it would be deliciously awkward that way. I'm good tho started work at a ladies clothing store about a month ago i'm assistant manager so lots of stress just want time for my art and my girly things.

4. GypsyButterfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello & welcome, Frankie. I've always been bi. It's ebbed & flowed to where it is now. I long for strong intellectual & emotional connections. I seek out friendship, affection & romance. I recently learned about gender fluid & realized that's what I've been my whole life. Hope you enjoy your time here & make many new friends.

5. MissMonster

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Welcome to EC frankie! Really happy to have you here :slight_smile: hope you find all the answers you need!

If you need someone to talk to~ I'm always around!

6. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello!!! Nice to meet you!

7. jewell

:L This really was bad writing I was tired. Bake a rainbow cake lol.

#7 jewell, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  8. frankiecosmos

haha thank you all for the welcome! Jewell, don't worry it was a lovely welcome message. Thank you all and I do hope to have a good time here, it looks like a sweet place to hang out.

9. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people