1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello! I'm new here, and excited to join this community

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by RangerofEriador, Jul 10, 2015.

1. RangerofEriador

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am a 17 year old girl from Michigan's Upper Peninsula. I am a giant nerd--I absolutely am obsessed with J.R.R. Tolkien's Arda Legendarium--I even am learning Sindarin (elvish) and have read the Silmarillion five times! I also like Doctor Who and Star Wars and I love learning about anthropology, archaeology, sociology, history, philology, and psychology! I love writing, both fiction and non fiction. Actually if I could spend 8 or 9 hours a day writing, outlining and researching this would probably be all I would ever do--but alas . . . other things must come first.
    I was born a boy but I have always known I was a girl. I have identified myself as female my entire life, and wished the rest of the world would do so too. I wish the rest of the world would every minute of every day . . . A lot of people struggle to find their identity . . .I know exactly what my identity is, but I feel trapped . . . When people call me by my birth name my first reaction is one of 'who is that?' It just seems foreign . . . I respond to it, but it takes great effort, and it hurts to hear it . . . it sounds like silverware being scraped against china plates . . . a loud, painful screech that sets me on edge. When I see a photo of myself, or look in a mirror it hurts . . . I feel imprisoned in the wrong body. I was born in the wrong body . . . When I see a photo I'm in, it increases this feeling . . . my heart wants to explode into a million pieces . . I feel a pain in my chest . . . Many people struggle to find their identity . . .
    I know my identity . . . I am a nerdy, Christian, bisexual, 17 year old girl from Upper Michigan and despite what people tell me my name is Maya, not that other name they call me.
    I know who I am, but I am stuck in the wrong body . . . Only my three closest friends Kim and Micaela and Ciara understand . . . they accept me as a girl . . . they understand that I’m really a girl—they call me Maya, they refer to me with female pronouns, and talk to me about subjects that no girl would ever say to a boy . . . as far as there concerned me being a girl is the only context they have ever known me in . . .
    Also on an MMO I play I have friends who only know me in the context of being female and that is the only context they will ever know me in . . . it is the most freeing thing ever . . . Of my family only my Mom and Sister know that I am a girl . . . my sisters fiance does two . . . these are the only six people who know.

I am a hyper-devout Christian, but unlike most Christians I have never thought that the fact that I'm bisexual was a sin, nor have I thought that it was wrong that I'm a girl. I love reading the Bible, and love studying Christian theology and church history, and basically anything involving Christianity.

My dream job is to be a journalist--specifically a foreign correspondent. This would make use of my love of learning about world culture, and my love of research and my writing skills.

In any case I am going to end this introduction to myself here, because I will probably get to know you guys better over time! It is a pleasure to join this community.

Novaer a galu! (Sindarin/Elvish for talk to you later and and have a good day)

2. Gratitude

Welcome to EC, Maya! Nice to meet you! :slight_smile:

3. RangerofEriador

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks! It is nice to meet you too!

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC Maya and thanks for the introduction. Join in, ask for advice or support, if you need it. Good to have you on board.

6. lovely lesbian