1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Name ~

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Aloki, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Aloki

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello ^^

This is actually the first time I introduce myself on a forum, I've never done that before.
    I usually prefer to "stay in the dark", and just read what other people say ^^
    even though it's nice to talk to people sometimes ;_;

So, I'm Alyssa and I live in France ( and therefore, since English isn't my native language, I'm sorry if some of my sentences are a bit awkward sometimes, I try my best to be understandable ^^ )

What can I say ?

Oh yeah, I came out yesterday to my sister and my mother about my aromanticism, and it turned out exactly as I was imagining it : not well
    ( " it's just a phase " , " you're just confused" , " you're just not ready to be in a relationship " , " you haven't met the right person yet " etc.. )

I have a hard time trying to accept this aromanticism , and having no one to support me is not making it any easier lol

-------------------
    I remember, when I was little, sometimes I thought " I wanna be a boy " , but
    I already knew that this wasn't seen well by society, so I tried to just forget it.
    When I was a bit older ( like 11 or 12 years old ), I got insulted because I was
    too " manly" .
    So, I chose to conform to what a girl is " supposed to be ", and I kind of
    " burried " inside of me what I really was..
    Until today. I can't take it anymore lol
    I don't wanna be somebody else anymore, I just wanna be me, but I still have
    to wait 2 years so that I can do whatever I want, and it really frustrates me ><

Why am I telling that ?
    -------------------

I'm most of the time on my computer, I kind of never go out, except for class ( I know it's not really a good thing ;_; )
    I've recently started to learn HTML & CSS, and I really like it so far \o/​

2. RosexBud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Welcome!! :grin: that's really cool to see that you're from France! Never met someone from there before. Those who said the "it's just a phase" line doesn't sound like they fully understand it yet! Time is key. I haven't come out to any of my family yet only because I feel like its not the right time yet. Though I dont think their reaction will be bad.. I definitely think my mom will be understanding and supportive. My step dad? Not sure, he's kinda unpredictable haha. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but regardless, I will keep being myself and love who I love no matter what they happen to think. When you said that you buried your true self in order to be someone you're not reminded me of how I used to say to people "don't pretend to be someone you're not in order to fit in or be accepted by those who don't accept you for who you are. If you do it long enough, your true self would eventually fade away, forgotten." or unless you mean that you hid your actual self in order to fit to others expectations! The wait will be worth it. :slight_smile: till then, just hold on. We will support you every step of the way! (&&&) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

3. Aloki

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you ^^
    I hope everything will be alright for you when you will come out :wink:
    You know, the truth is, I almost forgot who I was, I just lied so much - to myself and to others - that I ended up believing those lies lol
    Why did I do that? I guess it was just to be seen as " normal " , I probably thought that it would be easier, I don't know ><

4. RosexBud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Totally understand that! :slight_smile: But once you finally learn to accept yourself, stop trying to impress others or change yourself for people who don't like the real you and not care what others think, a huge weight will be lifted off your shoulders. There will always be people that love you and people who don't. That's just life. But the most important thing is to surround yourself with those who DO love you and accept you for who you are and support you through it all. With those people, you can conquer anything that comes your way.

5. Plant7120

I came out to my mom the other day, and I heard the same excuses, but yet got she would accept the fact, but then use another excuse such as when I was raped at age 10 as a possible reason... As of yet she has not used my new name and just refers to me as sweetie, sweetheart ect.

Like you I don't leave the house much except to deal with normal business (doctors appts. etc)

I had a name picked out for myself in high school, the name I am using now. Yet I conformed to what society expected of me as a woman. A result, my daughter, whom is the best thing that happened to me as a woman.

6. Aloki

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Plant7120 --> I hope everything will be okay with your mom ..
    I'm glad for you, concerning your daughter ^^

RosexBud --> I don't try to change myself for others anymore, I've stopped that ^^
    And, I've found a friend who accept me no matter what, it's really great ^^
    Thanks for the support :slight_smile:

Well, I think I'm gonna go to bed now, because it's 2 am here and I'm really tired
    So, good night everybody ^^

7. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hi, Alyssa, welcome to EC! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

It's great to have you here!

8. Aloki

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you ^^

9. RosexBud

Gender Pronoun: