1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by RosexBud, Jul 13, 2015.

1. RosexBud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I'm new here, I joined last night! :icon_bigg

How I ran into this site you may ask? Well, I was in a stump and half frustrated half confused. I was searching around the Internet for answers about a question that has been haunting my mind for a LONG time. Is God accepting of people who love the same gender or would he just send people to hell because of it??

To give a little background, my family isn't extremely religious. My biological dad wasn't religious at all, but that's another long story. XD The only person I was greatly influenced by throughout my life was my mom because she took care of me throughout everything, even though she could have had just left me on the streets somewhere. But she didn't and that's amazing. :slight_smile: Anyways, I guess you can say she's always been some sort of a believer of God even through all the things that's been thrown her way and the struggles of taking care of me at the same time. And from there to now, I've been raised solely from the influence from my mom to love and accept EVERYONE. No matter what skin color they have or whether they have a belief or none at all. No matter what shape or size they may be and no matter what sexual orientation that person may have. HECK, you could be Ronald McDonald in disguise for all I know and I'd still love you! And that exact thing, what my mom has taught me to do, to love and accept someone with such unconditional love and no boundaries or limitations whatsoever is what I personally believe what God and Jesus' love is about. (btw sorry if you're like not into this sort of stuff xD I don't mean to shove it down your throat or anything, don' hurt me ;-; ah.) it really makes me sad to see people who call themselves Christians, but they go so far as to judge and to tell others that they're going to hell! Heck, even churches are denying acceptance of anyone who loves the same sex or is anything but straight and that's just not right. Last time I checked, that's not what His love is all about. Jesus came to EVERYONE. He didn't exclude. I don't even call myself a Christian anymore or consider myself one, not because I don't believe in Him anymore, but because I think that the relationship within myself is more important to me than just some label categorizing a religion. The relationship is more deeper than the label itself.

Ah, anyways! Before I get too off track, I've found many many answers. From YouTube comments to articles. Then I stumbled on here and found a forum called "Do you worry about going to hell for being GLBT?" and I found lots of amazing answers on there. I even took a screenshot of them so I could look back at them whenever I'm having doubts again. The whole point of this lengthy forum is that I've finally found the answer I've been looking for. If being with the same gender is so bad, then why are some people made to be attracted to someone of the same sex if God didn't want that? Sexual orientation is just that. Sexual orientation. But some people tend to blow it out of proportions saying that people are abominations and burdens to society because it's different from the others and they're not used to it. I honestly believe God has more things to look into a person than just who that person loves. A lot more factors that He looks at to see if this person is a good person or not.

I remember this one conversation I had with one of my friends whom is a christian I think a year or two ago. And what she said left me feeling SO conflicted i practically felt torn in my soul. She said that sure, you can resect and be friends with people who are in the LGBT community, but you can't support them or 'be like them'.. She said its one or the other, God or that. I remember in my mind I was like ".....WHAT?" and because of that and just remembering it made me feel like God would hate me if I loved someone of the same sex. But that wasn't true, and I see that now. Ever since she said that, I don't know. It just left me feeling uncertain like it wasnt true or there was just something that bothered me about it that raised suspicion in that statement.

Still reading?? That's amazing, you're awesome :thumbsup: Well in conclusion, I've been pondering a lot about my own sexuality for a while. And I think I may fall under Pansexual. At first I didn't know what that was so I searched it up and read the definition, and it felt right to me. Though I've only dated guys so far, I literally couldn't care less if I fall for a girl or guy. Besides, I think that whoever God has in plan for you, He has no limits and it doesn't matter to Him whether it's the same gender as you or not. And I'm sure he knows fully well that I'm waiting for that person he has for me so that I can cherish, love, and care for them. And hopefully they'll accept me for who I am as well as much as I have learned God accepts me. (&&&)

Hope that wasn't too boring! Haha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but yeah, I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone here with that so they can get a feel of who I am and I guess where I stand in belief wise and where I come from. If you want, feel free to respond to this forum and write on my wall and we can be best friends and dance together like this banana (!) :3 No words can express how excited I am for meeting y'all and for the new chapter in my life where my mind and understanding is way more open and deeper than it used to be.

2. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! ^^

3. clittle63

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    feel your true self no matter what people think

4. lovely lesbian

5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  6. RosexBud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi!! :grin:

---------- Post added 14th Jul 2015 at 10:16 AM ----------

Thank youu *hug* oh my gosh your signature picture is so adorable ♥

7. RoseQueen

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello. I also just joined last night. ^_^ Nice to meet you.

8. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hi and welcome to EC! Glad to have you here.

9. RosexBud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh my gosh both our user names have rose in it!! :grin: and welcome to EC to you as well