1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6 Months on EC!!!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by EM68, Dec 18, 2008.

1. EM68

I can not believe it but I have been on EC for 6 months! How I have changed. At first I was so scared and alone. It was here that I first communicated to anyone that I was gay. This is my first posting:

I have known for a while that I am gay. Wow. this is the first time I have articulated this to anyone. Right now I am stressed out and do not know what to at this point. I am not ready to come out to my family or friends but I needed to tell someone. I tried to call a help line in my area and it was disconnected. This increased my stress to a new level. I am not too sure how to proceed. I am older than most in discovering my true self. I am in my 30's and have done a lot of soul searching over the past couple of years. This is my story so far. I will post more in a little bit. This is all I can think of right now.

It’s been a bit of a journey for me but so far it’s been great. For a long time I had a lot of self hate and felt that there was something wrong with me. I was the only one in my group of friends that was still single. I thought that I would be alone for the rest of my life.

Now I have fully accepted the fact that I am gay. I have been going to PFLAG meetings discussing my feelings along with hanging around EC. I have also begun to date and had my first kiss with a guy :icon_bigg. There is one guy that I really like and we have gone on a couple of dates. After New Years I plan to come out to my family. I can not wait. I want them to know the real me. I believe that my parents will support me. I hope my brother and sister will also.

For all of you that are new to EC and are scared and feel alone, there is hope. Just take everything one day at a time. It DOES get easier and better. Everyone on this site has been great! I want to thank everyone.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS (*hug*)(*hug*)

#1 EM68, Dec 18, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  2. I love EC-appreciation threads :slight_smile: Congrats on your journey of self-discover so far.

Merry Christmas, and good luck with coming out!

3. tm74

tm74 Guest

(*hug*)

It's always great to read a positive story! Maybe one day I'll get to write one too :slight_smile:

4. Mickey

Yay! Good for you! I'm so happy that you have come to terms with your sexuality!
    And...good luck with your family. I know it's hard,but we got your back!
    Also,good luck with your new guy! It's great to feel appreciated for who you are!

5. EM68

Thanks everyone !!

6. thespanishheart

Congrats on your half year anniversary! Doesn't the closet seem less full now that you've grown with us?

7. Shebbs

:slight_smile: Yay! 6 month! OMG. Me too. O_O! Lol. ANYWAY
    Congratsssss. Hope to see you for many months to come. :grin: